Gersnet Rangers All-time XI | Day 5: Defensive-midfield / Half-back

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Nope - I'm sticking to what I had: 4-1-3-2. :D 

No option. You can’t change the remit half way through. Actually, you ca because we’re picking for the position, not the team.

As for boring strikers, don’t assume I’m voting McCoist and Hateley, though I might, or maybe one of them or possibly neither after all.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

No option. You can’t change the remit half way through. Actually, you ca because we’re picking for the position, not the team.

As for boring strikers, don’t assume I’m voting McCoist and Hateley, though I might, or maybe one of them or possibly neither after all.

They will be considered as subs

Steven Davis gets my vote, most capped British player in history and probably the best Rangers player in the post tiki taka football era e.g 08 onwards.

The talent we have compared to bygone eras feels like it dilutes with each passing year but he could've played in any Rangers side and held his own imo.

I remember John Grieg as a left back. Would love to go for Harold Davis but never saw him play.  Also don't have a clue what a half back is.

We never really had a sitting midfielder during the 90's and much of the 00's. 

Can't think if one who deserves the accolade and therefore I've changed my mind and going for Harold Davis as he's one of the nicest ex-players I've had the honour to share a dinner table with.

8 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I remember John Grieg as a left back. Would love to go for Harold Davis but never saw him play.  Also don't have a clue what a half back is.

We never really had a sitting midfielder during the 90's and much of the 00's

Can't think if one who deserves the accolade and therefore I've changed my mind and going for Harold Davis as he's one of the nicest ex-players I've had the honour to share a dinner table with.

Didnt Big Eck like to play Konterman there for a good while which was horrendous excluding that thunderbolt at Hampden. 

When we signed Jonas Thern I thought we had gotten a right steal who could sit and be a proper playmaker but it never really worked out although he did show the odd bit of class. 

Didn't get time to vote here but find it difficult anyway as so many of our best players could play deeper if required. 

In that sense, one of the two better Fergusons (Ian and Barry) might have been my pick as I'm not sure I'd have them further forward. What I'd give for an Ian Ferguson in our current squad.