[FT] Rangers 1 (MacAusland 49) - 1 Aris Limassol

When we saw the team Beale had chosen to start the League Cup final last season I remember thinking he simply doesn't know what he's doing. I think most of us did. Tonight when I saw the starting line up I had the .same sinking feeling. Now I'm no football expert and I assume Clement knows more about the game and his squad of players than I ever will but playing Lammers as a 10 and Cantwell as a winger is so perverse as to be beyond understanding. I have to say it's worrying.

I'm gutted too, but getting on the managers back is daft. 80% of this squad are bang average at best. Yes Lammers is Gladys, but are Cantwell or Lawrence much better. Yes Sima is Gladys, but is Matondo much better. Yes Davies is Gladys, but is Balogun much better. I could go on, but I think you get my point. We are asking Clement to paint a masterpiece with a shitey stick imo. He told us to expect this. 

It's a bit like giving a good guitarist a guitar that goes out of tune a lot.  He can play nice stuff but it will still invariably go out of tune.

Our squad is choc full of dross no manager could keep in tune.

Starting with Lammers is like getting on stage after four pints though - very silly.  

Edited by Gonzo79

Well, the honeymoon period is well and truly over after the new manager "bounce", in the space of 5 days, contrived to put a dent in our already slim title hopes and put ourselves in a precarious position in the EL.

As others have said, it's concerning that PC appears to be replicating MB in some of his decisions

After them dropping points on Saturday and then exiting Europe, we had a chance to peg them back in the league and secure a EL spot into January, we've achieved neither

Sundays game takes on huge significance, anything other than 3 points would be disastrous.

Surely we'll see some changes to the starting line-up / formation? We need a partner for Danilo, Cantwell needs to be moved away from right wing (in saying that, his performances and petulance may deserve being benched), and we need to find some creativity. 

Tonight, only Lundstram and McCausland deserve pass marks, the others were terrible. 

Gutted by that tonight.  We really are so short of good players.  I am concerned that the manager keeps playing Lammers and hanging Cantwell out to dry.  I never want to see Lammers again.  Aside that, the manager has an impossible job to do currently.