[FT] Rangers 1 (MacAusland 49) - 1 Aris Limassol

The main thing that concerns me is I hoped the international break would give Clement time to sort a few things out and we'd see improvements but we've looked more disjointed and dispirited than we did beforehand.

There's something definitely not right within that playing squad.  

They need to get on the training ground and set down some kind of system a way of playing because last night nothing was joined up only the young Irish lad looked like he could play football and we can’t blame the manager he’s been handed someone else’s squad.

1 minute ago, compo said:

They need to get on the training ground and set down some kind of system a way of playing because last night nothing was joined up only the young Irish lad looked like he could play football and we can’t blame the manager he’s been handed someone else’s squad.

The time to judge Clement will be after the transfer window. For all we know he wants to offload the same players we do. He must be doing something right as he is still unbeaten.

13 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I am gobsmacked Lammers was kept on the field so long and Cantwell was binned in the first half. If the excuse was that Cantwell wasn't doing what he was asked to, then what fucking excuse does Lammers have?

There's a difference between playing (really) badly and not doing what you're told.

Lammers was playing in the area that he was told. The manager wanted Cantwell to play wide right to stretch them and was told that several times and he kept moving inside or coming short

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The word 'toxic' is overused and a tad hyperbolic.

The atmosphere was decent enough to start with but over a decade of being served up rubbish is really taking its toll on the support.  We were moany enough to begin with, so I'm unsure why anyone expects anything different. 

Okay, maybe very unpleasant better sums it up. The reaction to any misplaced pass, or backwards pass, missed / lost tackle etc being met with howls of disapproval and the booing at half / full time told its own story. 

However, the most unpleasant aspect was the reaction to the substitutions. 

I thought the atmosphere was very flat at the start a d got worse as the game went on (5mins after our goal apart). 

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The manager wanted Cantwell to play wide right to stretch them and was told that several times and he kept moving inside or coming short

Cantwells not that kind of player, the manager did concede that in the post match presser when asked about that. It comes down to square pegs and round holes again. 

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The other thing I think worth pointing out from last night is that Aris Limassol are probably a better side than anyone we face domestically apart from maybe the yahoos. I think too many of us expected an easy game last night

Less than 2 years ago we destroyed Dortmund in Germany! 

But I get what you are saying, however we should be beating them at Ibrox. 1 point out of 6 against them isn't great. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Less than 2 years ago we destroyed Dortmund in Germany! 

But I get what you are saying, however we should be beating them at Ibrox. 1 point out of 6 against them isn't great. 

We have regressed badly since then.