[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45, 70) - 0 St Mirren

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sima is very hot and cold.  Anything over £3m and I don't think he's worth it (and Brighton will want far more than that).

He's quite similar to Sakala.

Said this the other day, idk where the patience for Sima was for Sakala. He's basically Fashion if he was 6'2.

Fashion was probably more consistent with his scoring and assisting I'd say - if you look at his contributions to minutes played for us domestically it's actually excellent.

The board and fans chasing him out the door and then bringing in Dessers and Lammers is looking braindead.

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'd take any of Oleg Salenko, Stephane G'uivarch, Peter van Vossen, Erik Bo Anderson before Lammers. 

Sakala wasnt bad but wasnt great either.

He was a good example of the 'player trading model' we are trying to get going. A player picked up for free on a modest wage, got a couple of decent seasons out of him and sold him for a good fee.

He was also the only player in our squad capable of putting down contributions consistently domestically when we sold him.

Chasing Sakala and wanting to sign Sima for more than we sold the former is just wild to me. That's the opposite of the trading model working well.

The only positive if that happens is that Sima still has years of development.

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

Chasing Sakala and wanting to sign Sima for more than we sold the former is just wild to me. That's the opposite of the trading model working well.

Did we chase Sakala? He got an incredible offer (£100K/week?) and we couldn't stand in his way. 

I'm not sure that we want to sign Sima either.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Did we chase Sakala? He got an incredible offer (£100K/week?) and we couldn't stand in his way. 

I'm not sure that we want to sign Sima either.

I would say the vast majority wanted him gone pronto at the end of the season aye.

That same vast majority would want him back instead of Dessers.

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

I would say the vast majority wanted him gone pronto at the end of the season aye.

I'm not sure about that.  There were a few discussions on here about him and although a few of us didn't have him down as a definite starter, I'd say the majority felt he was of some use as a squad player.  

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

That same vast majority would want him back instead of Dessers.

Really? Don’t think so.