[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45, 70) - 0 St Mirren

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Two pieces of quality and two goals. Not the best of performances, but 3 points a clean sheet.

Is it worth giving Sima a run at centre forward?

My thoughts too regarding Sima

He's 6ft2 strong in the air, can hold the ball up & got pace.And can finish well.

We need to do something following Beale’s disasterous summer signings. Dessers simply isn’t working up front & Danilo lacks the physical presence to play the lone striker

I struggle to think of any player who could play as a lone striker. I know the mantra about midfielders running up for the knock-downs and lay-offs but no use if they’re starting from too far back and much can go wrong on the journey up to the front.

Hateley, Miller, Prso and the like had no trouble winning the ball but it’s much easier and more profitable if the second man is up there with them. 

Don’t tell me playing two strikers will weaken the midfield and put pressure on the defence. Not if the midfielders and defenders are competent it won’t.

I always think 4-4-2, with a midfield diamond, is the best formation. But I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy.  

Playing two deep midfielders at home to St Mirren and the like just feels like a waste of a player.  

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45, 70) - 0 St Mirren
55 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Including David Edgar now, apparently.  Scattergun rage.  

The rage seems to be an involuntary affectation. As always with these things though, the real intrigue lies in what might be driving this psychosis. 😉

11 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

You're desperate to call me a tim but you've not got the balls. You're just a bully desperately trying to rally your troops against me. It's pathetic. Obsessive and pathetic.  

Troops? I have troops? Wish someone had told me. 😂

I don't know what you are but here's how you look right now.........

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Edited by Bill