[FT] Hearts 0 - 1 Rangers (Sima 34')

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Real comedy Lammers moment there when he puts a crap header nowhere then starts shouting at McCausland for not running 60 yards to chase it down 😂😂

He's a joke alright

9 hours ago, yuddie said:

We probably need to kick around the idea that Butland is the best player in the league, best keeper is damning him with faint praise.

82% save rate so far this season

It's very satisfying that Hart’s form has plummeted at the same time. 

10 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

I still think Clement will go for Shankland. I really do. The thought is utterly depressing. Someone from the club will be telling him the fans will love it. 

He will certainly have taken the chances that Dessers and Danilo have missed despite his lack of real pace.

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

He will certainly have taken the chances that Dessers and Danilo have missed despite his lack of real pace.

Absolutely, you don't need pace to get yourself into goal scoring positions, we've been sucked in before to buying fast, when in most of our games it does nothing for us, teams sitting in negates it's effectiveness. He's not the messiah, no one's saying he is, but he'd be an upgrade on what we have now.

'Someone from the club will be telling him the fans will love it.'

PC doesn't strike me as a manager who would invest in what fans think. Fans want success, that'll be his driver.

Some positives to take from the game for me.  Cantwell playing a bit deeper last night was more like his old self in chasing the ball down.  He was all over the park and worked his socks off.  Cifuentes did better. I like the way he can nick the ball back without giving away too many fouls.  He has an eye for a pass too.  If we could do something about his pace we might have a player there. Sima's goal, Butland's saves and a workhorse performance from Lundstram were all key in the game.  We need a quality striker.  We will never know until we see Shankland in a blue jersey whether he has what it takes to play for us.  We need someone to take some of these chances we are creating and can't rely on Sima alone for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We will never know until we see Shankland in a blue jersey whether he has what it takes to play for us.

He would add a physical presence we dont have at #9.

I was dead against it during the summer, but if we can get him for a decent price 1.5 million say i'd bit your hand off. Modest wage for 4 years, seems to play every week and not get injured..