Gers To Miss Out On Elmander?

Scottish giants Rangers have reportedly had their approach for Sweden international Johan Elmander rebuffed.

Elmander's club Brondby are thought to be looking for a fee in the region of ââ??¬6 million (Ã?£4.2 million) for the striker, a price new Gers boss Paul Le Guen is not willing to pay.

Le Guen may now miss out on one of his number one transfer targets, with clubs across Europe interested in the 25-year-old.

Premiership side Wigan and Spanish duo Real Sociedad and Real Betis have all been credited with an interest.

"We have not received a serious offer, but there has been contact," confirmed Brondby director Per Bjerregaard to BT.

Credit: skysports.com

Well, this seems to completely go against what Cammy said earlier about Elmander, obviously I hope this report is false, but still. Just when it seemed it was looking up.

I know I can't change it, but it pains me seeing Rangers a million miles away from considering paying the likes of �£4m for a player who, in my opinion, will be worth it to someone.

Scottish giants Rangers have reportedly had their approach for Sweden international Johan Elmander rebuffed.

Elmander's club Brondby are thought to be looking for a fee in the region of ââ??¬6 million (Ã?£4.2 million) for the striker, a price new Gers boss Paul Le Guen is not willing to pay.

Le Guen may now miss out on one of his number one transfer targets, with clubs across Europe interested in the 25-year-old.

Premiership side Wigan and Spanish duo Real Sociedad and Real Betis have all been credited with an interest.

"We have not received a serious offer, but there has been contact," confirmed Brondby director Per Bjerregaard to BT.

Credit: skysports.com

Well, this seems to completely go against what Cammy said earlier about Elmander, obviously I hope this report is false, but still. Just when it seemed it was looking up.

I know I can't change it, but it pains me seeing Rangers a million miles away from considering paying the likes of �£4m for a player who, in my opinion, will be worth it to someone.

We backed off of 6 mill euro's for klaas -jan Huntelaar last year and the guy is now worth double that. And Murray claims to have a nose for business.:confused:

If we want to win the title this year or be good contandars and have a good run in Europe Mr Murray must b willing to pay the money for players the manager thinks worth it.

We can't keep counting on bossmans.

For a player who was 4th choice striker for Sweden and who plays for Brondby, £4M is an outrage and sheer greed just because he played in the world cup.

We could get much better for that.

Agree with you there, we have signed players like Flo for 12mill who wasn't worth it. But where is the money we where promised, looks like where only going for free transfers. (I kno I've prob started another David Murry is a wanker thread here lol)

Most the players that are free are free for a reason. I know theres good players out there with club problems who don't sign a new contract and want to leave but they GOOD players gets snapped up quikly and will fart around til another club to there standards go for them.

Maybe I am just to eager and impatiant to see PLG bringing in some new players. But Elmander sounds promising

I dont think we can afford to take risks with 4.2 million when we could a few strikers for that. Agree with Danny, Brondby are being greedy there but they are entitled to.

It puts our position and mismanagement into perspective when we cant compete with Wigan who just a few years ago had an average gate of 4000 and played the likes of Bournemouth every week.

Agree with Cammy, it was reported that Lyon wanted over £2m for Clement but now the papers say the deal is for around £1.1m - it's all posturing but it seems like it'll come to a conclusion within around a week, even if it means PLG gets someone else.