The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, Malangsob said:

True, Kemar Roofe? Helander? Souttar? Sterling? Even Balogun couldn't stay healthy at QPR...we resigned him. 

IDK...some guys do get here and fall the F apart...Jack...Lawrence. 

Oh aye we willingly sign crocks and are seemingly shocked when they breakdown every week.

Or at least the higher ups are, it's been like this at Rangers for decades tbh - since at least the 90's.

I can't recall us ever going to Parkhead with a clean bill of health for example and I've followed the team since Eck - even this season we'll have Danilo, Raskin and others missing.

It's just how it is.

6 hours ago, yuddie said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it but Scott McKenna is a proverbial tap in - 27, left footed Scottish international who's played at a good level and  *knows our league* (I know. Forgive me) who's been frozen out and who's contract is up in the summer...

Get him signed on a pre in January early doors and then try and negotiate a fee to bring him in early from a position of strength. If not he can come in the summer.

I'd be disappointed if the club haven't sounded his agent out tbh.

Helps that we know Wilson, or at least it should.

Yup, I've had the same thoughts. 

On 15/12/2023 at 10:54, stewarty said:

Last night confirmed my view that the Board need to back the manager with some reasonable funds in January.   The prize money will be handy but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a share issue in the coming week or two.  

This.  

Clement seems to like all-action / box-to-box central midfielders (Lundstram, Raskin, Sterling) and wingers / wide attackers (Sima, McCausland), so that could be something to look out for during the transfer window.

At Monaco he liked one full-back to stay back to create a situational back-three, which requires more of a CB that can play FB, which could be an option for us - we are in need of a Barisic back-up/replacement. 

13 hours ago, CammyF said:

It may mean nothing other than he's a fan, but....

FB_IMG_1702932208382.jpg

That header was Jimmy Millar style. Our other masters of the headed ball DJ and Hately would never have scored that - too tall. Millar could do the high jump stuff as well.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Clement seems to like all-action / box-to-box central midfielders (Lundstram, Raskin, Sterling) and wingers / wide attackers (Sima, McCausland), so that could be something to look out for during the transfer window.

At Monaco he liked one full-back to stay back to create a situational back-three, which requires more of a CB that can play FB, which could be an option for us - we are in need of a Barisic back-up/replacement. 

Do we? I thought we need a back-up replacement for Tavernier, not least if we utilize Sterling in the same role as he performed against Aberdeen.

Barisic has been rather steady of late, performance-wise in attack and defence, and IMHO, Ridvan is an able replacement. Not as tall, but more attack-minded.

Meanwhile, all quite on the transfer-front, aside from some word from Turkey about Galatasaray's wish to get Ridvan, and the Shankland Instagram furore.