The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

No idea but i know we won't pay £5m for him. And again, i've no idea. "it's understood" Is the quote in the media. Maybe that's came from someone at Hearts who doesn't know a deal already agreed? Maybe the media have made it up? Maybe the former Hearts coach and Rangers player who told me made it up too? Maybe he's been passed on wrong info? Who knows but he's adamant it's done. Let's wait and see. 

Weirdly, that's now an ex Hearts coach and current Hibs keeper who've leaked this story today. 

Also, current HMFC and ex-Rangers player stating on radio that the asking price is £6M. 

Edited by CammyF

32 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

It appears that it's a deal that is known in the footballing circles as done. Not sure then why people are talking about asking prices and values etc. Seems pointless if it's a deal that's already agreed. 

Had a wee chuckle at the Scottish media linking him with Celtic this evening. 

Perhaps there's legs in it yet.....one way or t'other. 

If the deal has been done and its an open secret in footballing circles, it would have made its way into the media. Every news outlet would be running it (as an exclusive). 

Find it hard to believe that ex and current coaches / players know the deal is done but the press haven't been made aware. 

With Celtic losing out on Silva, they'll be interested in Shankland but believe their main target is the lad from Aberdeen

One thing experience has taught me is take press reports and ITK people's posts about transfer dealings with equally large portions of salt.  

Even someone high up at the club can think a deal is nearly done and things still don't work out. 

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

One thing experience has taught me is take press reports and ITK people's posts about transfer dealings with equally large portions of salt.  

Even someone high up at the club can think a deal is nearly done and things still don't work out. 

To be fair, a ITK poster on FF called Silva earlier this morning before it was confirmed or reported. 

No mention or even a hint of a deal for Shankland - not to say its not happening. 

With regards to Silva, does anyone see him also coming in off the right side as well as playing as a traditional 9? A lot of the clips show him coming in from that area and he also appears to be 2 footed. Sima on the left side, Silva on the other side, Dessers in the middle with Cantwell in the hole. That's starting to look promising...