The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Overspending is more of a worry than over-thinking.  

Larry scores in Scotland...a lot

Win Scotland, get CL bucks.

Proven commodity. 

Worth the fundage. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Dennis isn't injured and has had his loan terminated. Had a great season in EPL with Watford. 

Don't know much about Alzate, but if it's true Brighton are touting him around, I'm assuming his isn't injured. 

Yeah, maybe. I was just checking his data at TM.

37 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Worth the fundage. 

Clement and the board will decide.

If Hearts demand £5m, I think we'd be nuts to pay.  Nothing is pre-proven in football (Hearts don't play against defensive set-ups the way we have to, for starters).  

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If Hearts demand £5m, I think we'd be nuts to pay.  Nothing is pre-proven in football (Hearts don't play against defensive set-ups the way we have to, for starters).  

Yup, but they also have nowhere near as good players as we do, to supply him.

No one is guaranteed goals of course, but he's about as close as you'd get in our league.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I know the money is not comparable but I recall the same conversation/debate was doing the rounds prior to Boyd signing for Rangers. His stats before and after his first stint with Killie and Rangers are as follows:

Kilmarnock

Pld 153 Goals 63 

Rangers

Pld 143 Goals 101

Low blocks or not, Shankland would score a lot of goals in this Rangers team. 

On 19/12/2023 at 09:59, Rousseau said:

Clement seems to like all-action / box-to-box central midfielders (Lundstram, Raskin, Sterling) and wingers / wide attackers (Sima, McCausland), so that could be something to look out for during the transfer window.

At Monaco he liked one full-back to stay back to create a situational back-three, which requires more of a CB that can play FB, which could be an option for us - we are in need of a Barisic back-up/replacement. 

Walter smith loved a ch at fullback to slot in. 

Moore, Mcpherson, papac etc. 

Would be good to free up tav more like this. 

9 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I know the money is not comparable but I recall the same conversation/debate was doing the rounds prior to Boyd signing for Rangers. His stats before and after his first stint with Killie and Rangers are as follows:

Kilmarnock

Pld 153 Goals 63 

Rangers

Pld 143 Goals 101

Low blocks or not, Shankland would score a lot of goals in this Rangers team. 

Worth remembering that we paid £500K for Boyd, not £5M. If Shankland was available for £500K then it would be a "no-brainer". 

My personal opinion is Shankland would score goals for us. Would those goals take us to the title? That's the gamble and at £5M it may be a gamble we can't afford. Unless we can somehow move someone on for close to £5M.

Two things:

There's been nothing to suggest we're actually in for Shankland. 

My issue with fees like £5m (and I still think we paid too much for Ryan Kent!) is that several areas of our team need to be addressed and we can't be spending half (or more) of our entire budget on one player.  Then again, I'm not a football manager or a board member, so my opinion is worth about as much as Sam Lammers.

Edited by Gonzo79