The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hearts haven't had any offers, according to what I've heard.  It's a plastic pitch at Ainslie Park, so maybe they'd just prefer not to risk their star player against lower league opposition. 

Good luck to Spartans anyway - great wee community club.  

Aye! I'm only joking 😁. According to Naismith he has been ill for the last few days and hasn't been near the squad!. 😜

45 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hearts haven't had any offers, according to what I've heard. 

He's comin to Rangers. 

Source--muh feelins.

Edited by Malangsob

2 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

He's comin to Rangers. 

Source--muh feelins.

I'm not even sure Clement or Koppen are interested in Shankland and that's before you take into account the huge fee Hearts want.  

31 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Aye! I'm only joking 😁. According to Naismith he has been ill for the last few days and hasn't been near the squad!. 😜

"ill"

He doesn't want to cup tie himself 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

It's been said yesterday that Shankland handed in a sick-note. Whether it is "mysterious" or "tactical" or just plain fact, who knows. In the meantime, reports have emerged that Ridvan "wanting away" as described in that Turkish newspaper (i.e. seemingly of the same standard as the Scottish Sun) were at best assumption and at worst a straight lie. At the end of the day, we shall see.

Regarding Shankland, the modus operandi of years gone by was to put a pre-contract in front of him and thus force the opposition's hand. He's not a freebie this summer, so that does not work. The silence on our side of this "saga" - and I mean every official, unofficial and ITK source - is far too quiet to make me think that this is actually a goer.

I must confess I'm not as confident as some that Shankland is the answer to our #9 problem. I don't watch a lot of the jam tarts, unless they are playing us, but I imagine he does not have to play against a low block every league game. Then there is his lack of pace. I am just not convinced he is the answer, but if we do get him I will be happy to be proven wrong.

10 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I must confess I'm not as confident as some that Shankland is the answer to our #9 problem. I don't watch a lot of the jam tarts, unless they are playing us, but I imagine he does not have to play against a low block every league game. Then there is his lack of pace. I am just not convinced he is the answer, but if we do get him I will be happy to be proven wrong.

They said the same about Boyd. His goals per game rate almost doubled when he went to Rangers. Shankland will score goals in this team. I have no doubts about that at all as he is an instinctive striker. Our only instintive striker is permanently injured (Roofe). If you consider misses in recent games like Tynecastle (Danilo) and Parkhead (Dessers) and add a Roofe or Shankland into the mix those missed chances become goals. Its that simple IMO. 

Linked with Mohamed diomande midfielder from Denmark. 

The Superliga will have a lower profile in the next few days, as Mohamed Diomande is somewhat surprisingly sold to Rangers FC. FC Nordsjælland and the Scottish big club agree, and he will fly home from the training camp in the USA on Sunday to go for a medical check-up.

13 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Rangers’ only player of value didn’t play yesterday. Saving for Easter Road, I hope.

@Bill did hint at a surprise departure this week.

Mmm.... This makes no sense. If a striker could be the difference maker for our season, Butland is equally capable of winning games for us. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops