The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Silva is a number 9 as is Desserss. We'll see them rotated and one will start,the other will feature from the bench. I wouldn't read too much into Dessers playing on Saturday and Silva being an unused sub. 

The opposition and type of system they play will also be taken into consideration when PC is selecting his team. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The opposition and type of system they play will also be taken into consideration when PC is selecting his team. 

Yep, I think he will be a horses for courses type manager from what I have seen. The Sterling at left wing was a great example :D

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yep, I think he will be a horses for courses type manager from what I have seen. The Sterling at left wing was a great example :D

And you know what, we can discuss the merits (cough) of playing Sterling wide left all week, but in the end, we got the required result. 

It is easy to get fixated on how pleasing, or unpleasant on the eye a game of football is, but when your deep in a race to become champion, sometimes you've just gotta win any way you can.   

Edited by CammyF

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Is he?  I don't think so.  

PC said he signed Silva to play as a 9 but he can play across the front 3. Given we play 1 up top with 3 behind, and all his minutes in a Rangers Jersey have been as a 9, that's where he's gonna play (for the most part) 😀

14 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

It's very rare for January window signings to have a significant impact immediately. No pre season, unfamiliar team mates, new country etc. I think that's why myself and many other fans are leaning towards Shankland. He's ready made for our league and will score goals in this team. I would hope we at least test Hearts resolve with a bid. 

I think we've baulked at the fee. Sure he would be a success but no resale value given his age. Now that Dessers has started to score and Danilo to come back we maybe have enough scoring power on the flanks with Sima to return also.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

I think we've baulked at the fee. Sure he would be a success but no resale value given his age. Now that Dessers has started to score and Danilo to come back we maybe have enough scoring power on the flanks with Sima to return also.

I doubt we will see Danilo or Sima before April, maybe even May. 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

all his minutes in a Rangers Jersey have been as a 9

He drops deep too often to just be a 9.  Maybe more of a 'false 9' or whatever the hipsters call it. 

32 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Maybe more of a 'false 9' or whatever the hipsters call it.

“Deep lying centre forward”: Don Revie, Manchester City, 1955. Nothing’s new, not even Manchester City.