The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Today is vital in terms of the title race. Silva, Diomande and Cortes in so far which I'm enthusiastic about as it stands. But the striker question remains a fair one. Dessers has found some form but can we genuinely rely on him alone? Surely, we need another but at what cost?

Do we opt for a loan or a permanent deal? Does Dessers need to go before we do that, leaving the same one striker gamble? Do we risk selling someone like Ridvan to finance any transfer?

It really is a huge question and I'd have to concede I'll be disappointed if we don't strengthen the position.

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Today is vital in terms of the title race. Silva, Diomande and Cortes in so far which I'm enthusiastic about as it stands. But the striker question remains a fair one. Dessers has found some form but can we genuinely rely on him alone? Surely, we need another but at what cost?

Do we opt for a loan or a permanent deal? Does Dessers need to go before we do that, leaving the same one striker gamble? Do we risk selling someone like Ridvan to finance any transfer?

It really is a huge question and I'd have to concede I'll be disappointed if we don't strengthen the position.

Is Cortes confirmed?

39 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The striker issue is quite the conundrum. Roofe and Danilo both injured and both would have contributed in the run in, if they were fit. 

The reality is that our squad is huge, or wage bill is huge so can we afford to add another wage to the wage bill? 

Certainly won't be "buying" anyone unless we sell someone IMHO. 

It's a little worrying that the next two fixtures are against cloggie teams, one facing relegation, and consequent redundancy/ wage cuts, and the other desperate to kick lumps out of our players, because that's what they do. Having the opportunity to 'welcome' new guys to the SPL, with official complicity, even support, will, in all likelihood, be too much to resist.

You're gonna need a bigger sick bay.

Edited by Uilleam