[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 30'; Tavernier 84' pen) - 0 St Johnstone

I can't really criticise them tonight. Objective of 3 points was achieved, very comfortably. Not a great performance, but good enough, and that's all that matter right now. How happy are we with being 2 points behind with a game in hand, especially after delivering wins in the two huge games last week? Injuries are the only worry, but for the first time in a long time I feel we have a manager that will find solutions. Good times, let's enjoy them. 

That was a slog.  Delighted with the 3 points but not with the prosect of Roofe and Lundstram being injured leaving us woefully short up front and midfield.  How the ref could think the challenge on Lundstram was a yellow card is mind boggling.

The games keep coming thick and fast and we are running with a threadbare squad due to injuries. Probably not get many (if any) back before the winter shutdown, so going to be extremely difficult to remain undefeated until then.

If we can, we have a fantastic opportunity to win the title. Given the start to the season we had, being in this position is a bonus and add EL qualification and the League Cup sitting in the trophy room, it could have been a lot worse. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

As I sat there tonight, I couldn’t help but marvel at the sheer entertainment value of Sam Lammers. At times he’s genuinely Chaplinesque in his mastery of the absurd.

Reminds me more of a baby giraffe. 

8 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

I can't really criticise them tonight. Objective of 3 points was achieved, very comfortably. Not a great performance, but good enough, and that's all that matter right now. How happy are we with being 2 points behind with a game in hand, especially after delivering wins in the two huge games last week? Injuries are the only worry, but for the first time in a long time I feel we have a manager that will find solutions. Good times, let's enjoy them. 

I wish I had read this last night at half time because I will hold my hands up and admit I did a fair bit of grumbling last night. In the cold light of day and especially taking into account injuries, the run of games and the intensity of the last few weeks, last night was a very decent return and sets us up for the next few games. Who knows Roofe might be back for the next few games despite going off............... seeing Santa last night must have frazzled my brain :D