[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

7 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

The only quick response I think may happen in Scotland is to say no transcript will be released.

I fear you are right but let’s not be Presbyterian about this. Let’s make a God-awful fuss. It’s so blatant it can’t be let go.

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I fear you are right but let’s not be Presbyterian about this. Let’s make a God-awful fuss. It’s so blatant it can’t be let go.

I fear that Deep-Six will be the option, and that some IT bod will have appeared, hot foot, tout de suite, from his holiday debauch to implement it. 

I expect no help from the SFA, nor from the SPFL. 

As we know from Scottish BBC's Irish English, writing in Jan 2021:

"Lawwell has not only driven Celtic these past 17 years, he's also been the most powerful man in the Scottish game for much of it, certainly in the last decade. Lawwell was never one to shout from centre stage. He much preferred to pull strings from the wings. He had a hawk-like vision for football politics and a chess player's capacity to be three or four moves ahead. 

It was Lawwell's influence that helped put Ian Maxwell in his role as as chief executive of the Scottish FA and it's been Lawwell's support that's helped Neil Doncaster in his role as chief executive of the SPFL."

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55864412)

Nevertheless, we should pursue this until such truth as there is/will be emerges. 

The Rangers penalty controversy during the recent derby against Celtic at Parkhead has taken a new twist after an IFAB ruling on the scenario has emerged.

An incident in the first half was highlighted as Willie Collum did not feel that referee Nick Walsh had made a clear and obvious error by failing to award the Ibrox side a penalty following a handball by Hoops defender Alistair Johnston.

Collum believed that Walsh had been correct just to give a goal kick because he felt the Celtic player's hand was in a natural position when it made contact with the ball after watching a replay back at Clydesdale House.

Television footage later showed that Rangers forward Abdallah Sima had been in an offside position when John Lundstram played the ball in to him.

But Walsh did not indicate that was the reason why the penalty was disallowed at the time and the goal kick was then taken by Celtic goalkeeper Joe Hart.

And now a ruling has emerged which appears to suggest that Sima would not have been offside in this particular scenario.

The IFAB rules outline that for the scenario of when attacking player in an offside position (Team A) runs towards the ball but does not play the ball or prevent the opponent (Team B) from playing or being able to play the ball, the referees decision should be that : "It is not an offside offence so the referee allows play to continue. The attacking player is only penalised if he/she plays the ball or interferes with an opponent."

Ibrox boss Philippe Clement made his feelings clear at full time. Speaking to BBC, he said: "I'm also really curious why this handball wasn't given because it's a really decisive moment in the game to come back to 1-1. I'm really curious about that.

"It's a clear handball so it's a penalty and I think everybody who sees that clear handball will say it's a penalty."

When the BBC reporter then suggested that the VAR pictures showed an offside prior to the flashpoint.

Clement responded: "Yes, but after the game. In the second half. We never got this information in the first half so that was not in account at that moment.

"So it's strange we didn't get this information that there was an offside and that there was no clear signal that it was offside.

"It's not an offside situation given with the ball there in the position which he was offside.

"So it's an explanation afterwards to cover a decision that was wrong."

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/24020114.rangers-penalty-controversy-takes-new-twist-ifab-ruling-emerges/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

29 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Willie Collum is a RE teacher, so he should know: 

Leviticus 5:5

And whoever is responsible for any such sin, let him make a statement openly of his wrongdoing;

21 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Willie Collum is a RE teacher, so he should know: 

Leviticus 5:5

And whoever is responsible for any such sin, let him make a statement openly of his wrongdoing;

That's Old Testament, mate. 

And I don't think the indoctrinators pay much attention to it. 

This is a good read from Joshua Barrie at RR, it's revealing the numbers of what we can all see - our strikers are either not good enough in ability or don't have the mentality to cope with the pressures of OF games, as ever it's probably both that are true.

Anyway, have a look...

Here's how it was:

we were abject for half an hour or so;

thereafter, we came into the game, and had several periods of domination;

during these interludes we failed to convert our superiority into goals. 

The end. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I fear that Deep-Six will be the option, and that some IT bod will have appeared, hot foot, tout de suite, from his holiday debauch to implement it. 

I expect no help from the SFA, nor from the SPFL. 

As we know from Scottish BBC's Irish English, writing in Jan 2021:

"Lawwell has not only driven Celtic these past 17 years, he's also been the most powerful man in the Scottish game for much of it, certainly in the last decade. Lawwell was never one to shout from centre stage. He much preferred to pull strings from the wings. He had a hawk-like vision for football politics and a chess player's capacity to be three or four moves ahead. 

It was Lawwell's influence that helped put Ian Maxwell in his role as as chief executive of the Scottish FA and it's been Lawwell's support that's helped Neil Doncaster in his role as chief executive of the SPFL."

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55864412)

Nevertheless, we should pursue this until such truth as there is/will be emerges. 

"A Rangers spokesperson said: “Despite repeated Rangers FC requests, the Scottish FA have so far failed to disclose the VAR audio to allow the club to understand the process around the non-award of a penalty in the first half of yesterday’s Old Firm match.

“Rangers officials stand ready to meet in-person or virtually with the Scottish FA at any time to hear and discuss the audio. However, the Scottish FA are refusing to both share the VAR audio and meet until at least Wednesday, five days after the Old Firm match and after the next round of Scottish Premiership fixtures. This is clearly unacceptable and heightens Rangers’ concerns over the lack of transparency, for which the need is urgent.

“Rangers have learned no penalty was awarded as the VAR official, Willie Collum, concluded a handball offence had not occurred in the first half. While the club and most observers are astonished by this 'professional' view, we remain perplexed and concerned about the Scottish FA's motivations for sharing an offside image with broadcasters during the second half, when this was not the original reason why the penalty was not awarded.

“England’s Premier League and other leading European Leagues operate on a ‘nothing to hide’ basis, where open communication and full transparency are available to clubs and the public on contentious VAR calls in a timely manner.

“On a weekend where not only Rangers but also fellow Scottish FA member clubs have major questions over potentially match-changing incidents, our governing body would do well to heed that same mantra."

(Posted by David Edgar, elsewhere)