Daniel Cousin Transfer Back ON - 08:23 Wed am

And as my moaning continues;

We're now stuck for another 6(ish) months, with a player who doesn't want to be here and has been playing in a manner that suggested as much basically since he's been here.

An outstanding performance v Lyon away. And that is it.

Despite showing the attributes of a player who should be able to play the lone striker role and appearing to have a good touch, throught the majority of games he hasn't actually shown to be adept at either.

Initially I put up with him in the team as the accepted wisdom was he could play the lone striker role and had a more comoplete game than Boyd. However as his unwillingness to get involved in games led to him becoming increasingly less effective in games, his only real contributions being the odd goal, his manager rode to his defence.

He's a frustrating player whom sometimes will only contribute with goals. Has he ever jumped to Boyd and used this as a defence of said player? No he's used it as a reason not to play Kris.

So he's sticking with Cousin, who only scores goals, despite everyone being able to see and stats proving conclusively, that Boyd does it better. :mad:

Our best goalscorer since Coisty gets relegated back to the bench so we can put up with a lesser copy of him, who should show so much more, but now never does.

If it wasn't for the Hutton scenario this would be my biggest gripe of the transfer window. Not getting rid of a largely ineffectual player who came for a decent fee and big bucks and doesn't even want to be here a couple of months later.

And where does he want to go? Relegation certainties Fulham. He's been saved that ignominy by staying to fight for 4 trophies instead of relegation and he wont even appreciate it. :mad:

[/rant]

You for real? He wants away but still manages to be out top scorer. If he's available to play for Rangers then WS should use him not fling him in the reserves to "rot".

So if he plays instead of our top scorer for the past 2 seasons, and who would be top scorer if he played as often as Daniel 'i'm a gabon internationalist moaning cunt, get me outta here' Cousin, what then does that say to Kris Boyd?? Surely that would be more bad management, this time of the people variety, on the part of Walter Smith.

The guy has wangled for a move since the moment he stepped into Ibrox. If it's true that FIFA have scuppered his escape plans then I agree, let him train and play with the reserves. He made it quite clear by HIS actions that he doesn't want to play for us, so why the hell should we play him when we have other players that want to and can do the job??

Malky

To be a bit fair to Cousin he always said he was ok at Ibrox but preferred to go to the Premier League. It would be a bit different if he said he wanted out of the place full stop.

Maybe he was covering his tracks incase this did happen but he'll have to do his talking on the pitch from now until May.

Did I say it was Cousin's Fault that his move got busted. NO

ok maybe not but to say about our top striker this season is first uselss (to put it mildly) and also rot in reserves is one of the most stupid comments i've seen on here......get a grip ffs :eek:

saw the quote on the "news" thread so thought it was better to post thoughts on it here! (perhaps make the news thread a sticky?)

How is it possible that it was all over the news here and even on the official site that FIFA said no when they apparently havent made a decision yet? someone send in a fake letter that got everyone stumped?!

onto another point... why are fifa waiting so long to make a decision? surely they are aware of the tight time restrictions and implications of transfer deals at this time of year?! would man u or real have to wait as long to see if they could sign/sell an important (?!) player??

onto another point... why are fifa waiting so long to make a decision? surely they are aware of the tight time restrictions and implications of transfer deals at this time of year?! would man u or real have to wait as long to see if they could sign/sell an important (?!) player??

maybe SDM murray has paid them another �£1m to do this :devil:

saw the quote on the "news" thread so thought it was better to post thoughts on it here! (perhaps make the news thread a sticky?)

How is it possible that it was all over the news here and even on the official site that FIFA said no when they apparently havent made a decision yet? someone send in a fake letter that got everyone stumped?!

Some very valid points mate.

I'd imagine FIFA may allow the transfer at the very last minute so we have no time to benefit from breaching the rules.

From the BBC website re cousin deal........

A Fifa spokesman: "Nothing has been communicated yet so we don't know where this information has come from but it was certainly not from Fifa.

"We received the request to look into the matter from the English Football Association so the reply would be to them because they made the request.

"That should come soon because there are some time constraints but I can't say when."