Daniel Cousin Transfer Back ON - 08:23 Wed am

Didn't he cost a million EUROS? If so, we've made even more profit!

To be honest, he's a decent striker if he puts his mind to it ... sadly his mind has severe mental issues, and if we held on to this player then i believe somewhere down the line we'd have another Marco Negri situation on our hands .... so i'll say goodbye and good riddance!

I hope Fulham are prepared for him throwing the dummy out of the pram should they be relegated!!

I 'm sure it was 1.5 million euros.

Good deal for the GERS IMO. Decent profit made from a player who probably never wanted to be here. :cheers:

I don't have a problem with young players coming here and admitting that one day, they'd like to try a different league, whether that's the EPL or La Liga or whatever. I think that shows a healthy ambition and hunger to further their career. Someone like Gio for example.

My problem with Cousin is that we've been used purely to put him in the shop window when things went sour at his last club. Like I posted a while back, his time here has been such a cliche of a grumpy/unhappy foreign player its been ridiculous really. The main thing is we've made a very nice profit on his fee and aren't going to be keeping a player who didn't want to be here.

Surely then Mike your issue / problems should be with whoever signed Cousin then? As you said, he never hid his desire to play in the EPL. In SDM's world, this has been a fantastic signing for Rangers. We paid under a million for him, paid his wages for ~6 months and have sold him for over �£3M. He also scored some important goals for us.

In the short term, its hard to argue that this has been a wonderful deal for Rangers. However, like everything SDM touches, lets look at the longer term. Will WS get the �£3M to sign a replacement? Will WS's squad be better after the window closes than it was when it opened? Will WS be allowed to buy a much needed left back, keeper and striker?

I think we all know the answers to the above - it'll be no to all of the above. The names getting banded about to replace Cousin appear to be 'step downs' rather than equal or better standards of players.

Cammy F

Surely then Mike your issue / problems should be with whoever signed Cousin then? As you said, he never hid his desire to play in the EPL. In SDM's world, this has been a fantastic signing for Rangers. We paid under a million for him, paid his wages for ~6 months and have sold him for over �£3M. He also scored some important goals for us.

In the short term, its hard to argue that this has been a wonderful deal for Rangers. However, like everything SDM touches, lets look at the longer term. Will WS get the �£3M to sign a replacement? Will WS's squad be better after the window closes than it was when it opened? Will WS be allowed to buy a much needed left back, keeper and striker?

I think we all know the answers to the above - it'll be no to all of the above. The names getting banded about to replace Cousin appear to be 'step downs' rather than equal or better standards of players.

Cammy F

Well its another case of short-termism, isn't it? At least for once we had the common sense to put a release clause in the contract which got us a decent amount for him. So was it all just a bit of business to get Cousin his move and in return we'd get our pockets lined? The rumours certainly started pretty quickly that he was unhappy and wanted a move.

I guess we'll soon see on Sky if we saw the best of Cousin or not.

The problem with replacing him was that we got him on the cheap considering how he'd thrown a strop and there was no way back at his last club. So replacing him, especially in the January window is going to be tricky to say the least.

We've already been prepared for the fact we're not going to sign anyone, so who knows what will happen.

Slightly off topic.

Cousin is what 30 years ol and we get �£3m for him.

Not really off topic mate - its a Cousin thread :thup:

But agreed, i was thinking the exact same thing - 3 million for a 30 year old who we only paid 1.1 million for in the summer!! Theat has to be the best way of looking at it (and the fact he will be relegated in the summer - Fulham are almost a banker to go down now).