Daniel Cousin Transfer Back ON - 08:23 Wed am

Rangers striker Daniel Cousin's protracted move to Fulham could be back on after Fifa claimed they have still to make a decision on his transfer.

A Fifa spokesman told PA Sport: "From Fifa's side, the case is still pending. No decision has been made yet."

However Fifa regulations forbid a player from playing for more than two clubs in one season.

Cousin played 20 minutes of league football for French club Lens before completing his summer switch to Ibrox.

The Gabon international has spent the last week in London hoping to tie up a move to Craven Cottage.

Both clubs were still hopeful special dispensation would be granted and that the move would be permitted to go ahead by Fifa before the 31 January transfer deadline.

The Fifa spokesman added: "Nothing has been communicated yet so we don't know where this information has come from but it was certainly not from Fifa.

"We received the request to look into the matter from the English Football Association so the reply would be to them because they made the request.

"That should come soon because there are some time constraints but I can't say when."

Cousin moved to Rangers in August 2007 for �£700,000, and remains hopeful of becoming the latest signing by new Fulham boss Roy Hodgson.

Whats everyone hoping for - Cousin go or Cousin stay?

From a playing point of view id rather have him upfront against Panathinikos but dont like players playing if they dont want to be there.

Not fuss either way now to be honest...

Would like to see a replacement if he does go though.

I'd like to see him being replaced by Larsson with 1.5M pocketed for spending in the summer.

Cousin did well for us but he's not the most motivated and I can't see him being very effective if what little motivation he had is completely gone. He now seems like a busted flush.

If he goes we definitely need someone to lead the line in the UEFA cup if Darche is going to be banned for three games.

Each round is probably worth about 2M, so I hope we're not too blas�© about our squad.

i'd say go if he doesn't want to be here, but I'm not fussed if he stayed and scored goals........if he goes and we're gonna keep playing with the lone striker then we should be looking at getting someone in that can do that as JCD no matter how good he is of course very injury prone!!

So if he plays instead of our top scorer for the past 2 seasons, and who would be top scorer if he played as often as Daniel 'i'm a gabon internationalist moaning cunt, get me outta here' Cousin, what then does that say to Kris Boyd?? Surely that would be more bad management, this time of the people variety, on the part of Walter Smith

WS prefers to play with 1 up top therefore that rules Boyd out the team. Cousin can play that position and has been doing not to bad.

Simple as that really.

I'm wanting Cousin to stay cause we need him for the euro games. We haven't got an adequate replacement for those games as JCD is suspended for the next 3 euro games. That is of course if WS decides to go with 1 up top in those games which we all know he will.