[FT] Rangers 3 (McCausland 41'; Sima 45'; Cantwell 61') - 1 Kilmarnock

55 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Defence much steadier and a couple of really good Goldson clearing headers.

You're right to mention Connor Goldson. I thought his all round game was very good today - possibly his best game for some time.

I thought Goldson was at fault for allowing Killie some dangerous openings, mainly by being too aggressive and leaving his position.

The most alarming one was when Butland had to make that one-on-one save from Vassell (sp?) as Goldson had charged forward to press nothing leaving acres of space. 

His distribution of the ball was sublime, though.

27 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought Goldson was at fault for allowing Killie some dangerous openings, mainly by being too aggressive and leaving his position.

The most alarming one was when Butland had to make that one-on-one save from Vassell (sp?) as Goldson had charged forward to press nothing leaving acres of space. 

His distribution of the ball was sublime, though.

Agree I thought both he and Soutter looked shakey today. 

All of our defenders are similar in that they are generally quite good but prone to (far too) regular cock ups.  

I include our full backs in that.  

However, at the level we're at...do we expect much better?

Edited by Gonzo79

4 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

A good reaction today following Saturday’s disappointment at the girodome which wasn’t all of our own making

The two goals before halftime settled us despite Beaton awarding a penalty to Killie to please the mhedia. I dislike Beaton &  have never forgiven him for the 3-2 game at ibrox in 2017 against hibz.

I thought we were better second half & should have got more goals. I hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us later in the season.

one final wee point about McAusland. Is it just me or does he cut inside too often? Go outside, head for the byline and put a ball into the six yard box

Agree on McAusland played excellent but in times were he needs to pass etc he gets carried away, I don’t know if that’s just his style of going solo but would be nice to see him lay it off for the others who are in a more better position to potentially add a goal to kill the game. Ridvan played excellent my Motm today ♥️🤍💙 

When assessing the performance of our players it's essential to appreciate this is Rangers, not Bayern Munich or Man City. 

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

When assessing the performance of our players it's essential to appreciate this is Rangers, not Bayern Munich or Man City. 

But we don’t play against similar quality in domestic competition. So not sure it’s a valid comparison. 

The level of our players should be far higher than the opposition most weeks. Like today the striker we were up against was probably working part time in B&M to supplement his wage while playing in the Vauxhall conference league a few years previously.

Soutter would have been rusty today by not playing recently and Goldson actually looked like he was paranoid about being caught out like he was for the second parkhead the way he kept stepping up.