Rangers to trial move of away supporters within Ibrox Stadium

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers to trial move of away supporters within Ibrox Stadium

I have said this for years, all away fans should be in the furthest corner of the stadium (i.e. the worst seats) harder to be on the tv or be heard. This is in line with what we find all over Europe when we travel to away games and I have never understood why we give visiting supporters a prime viewing location.

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I have never understood why we give visiting supporters a prime viewing location

It's mainly to do with the ease of security, due to turnstiles and facilities at the GW corner.  

Shouldn't be much of an issue with clubs like Livingston and St Johnstone but not so simple with the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's mainly to do with the ease of security, due to turnstiles and facilities at the GW corner.  

Shouldn't be much of an issue with clubs like Livingston and St Johnstone but not so simple with the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs.

We could always just give them fewer tickets.

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

It shouldn’t be hard to section off a turnstile/toilet etc. if it costs a few quid so be it, it would be worth it to keep opposing fans from being seen and heard. Stick the UB up there too come to think of it!

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It shouldn’t be hard to section off a turnstile/toilet etc.

That's why the club is going to trial it with the smaller sides. 

I can't see it happening with the higher category fixtures but if you feel strongly about it, you could always contact the club.  

12 hours ago, CammyF said:

Great idea, especially against clubs who don't bring many fans to Ibrox. 

Indeed 100% but if there going by last season numbers then great , I honestly don’t think they should cut it out completely, what if all clubs did this well we know Celtic have done it or is that only for us visiting them? The atmosphere is already zapped with VAR cutting the goal celebrations short, we need a little bit of rivalry however low the numbers are to spur us home fans on to get behind our team when they take a early lead , as we all know atmosphere is what makes us different from the rest.