Winter Training Camp | [FT] Rangers 2 - 2 Copenhagen

• Rousseau changed the title to Winter Training Camp | Hertha Berlin 1 - 0 Rangers

Have only watched 20odd minutes of both halves thus far. This looks very much like a fitness session than anything else. Starting with three DMs who hardly press or go into the attacking area tells its own story. Second half is more or less experimental and game time again.

The match is so dull, I picked up an interesting factoid on Wiki...

"The club was formed in 1892 as BFC Hertha 92, taking its name from a steamship with a blue and white smokestack; one of the four young men who founded the club had taken a day trip on this ship with his father.  The name Hertha is a variation on Nerthus, referring to a fertility goddess from Germanic mythology."

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The match is so dull, I picked up an interesting factoid on Wiki...

"The club was formed in 1892 as BFC Hertha 92, taking its name from a steamship with a blue and white smokestack; one of the four young men who founded the club had taken a day trip on this ship with his father.  The name Hertha is a variation on Nerthus, referring to a fertility goddess from Germanic mythology."

Thanks...took me 15 seconds to read meaning i didn't have to watch this dross.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Some of the comments...Jeso. Its a mid season bounce game on a terrible. We have two aims from this exercise. Maintain fitness and avoid injuries (especially on this pitch)

Come on, it's been an awful game / performance. Can't see any positives that we can take other than getting game time.

Probably biggest mistake was to show it live so we can all see how poor its actually been. 

Don't think anyone is going overboard with the comments.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Come on, it's been an awful game / performance. Can't see any positives that we can take other than getting game time.

Probably biggest mistake was to show it live so we can all see how poor its actually been. 

Don't think anyone is going overboard with the comments.

It's not a game. Its a training exercise. 

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Some of the comments...Jeso. Its a mid season bounce game on a terrible pitch. We have two aims from this exercise. Maintain fitness and avoid injuries (especially on this pitch)

We all said the same when it was pish under Beale in his pre season...lo and behold we carried it into the competitive games.

If we're like this against Copenhagen I'll have a bit of the fear tbh, but that's because of the scar tissue from Beale's training games.

Hopefully this will do us good rather than be detrimental.