Winter Training Camp | [FT] Rangers 2 - 2 Copenhagen

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I've always viewed Barisic as one of those players we signed at a time we couldn't afford anyone better and who only found a berth at Rangers because our chaotic management merry go round prevented us from improving the squad as we should have done. Otherwise Barisic would surely have been long gone. That he survived for 6 years is testament to the wasted opportunities this club has endured.

Barisic played 2 blinders against us especially the 2nd leg match at Ibrox.

I recall raving about their fullback with the bandaged head.

4 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

As has Ryan Jack, who looked like he'd never been away....

That'll last for another 90 minutes if you are lucky and then he'll be out again. Another that should have been ditched in the summer

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

That's, erm, different. I'd a mate worked for the Royal Bank and his work 'team' decided to do a corporate race thing along the West Highland Way. It was a miserable experience, the weather was shocking, the terrain challenging and their fitness a little suspect. There were 6 of his colleagues and him and they all fell out, a couple of them spectacularly, nearly coming to blows at one point. One went off on the sick right away, another 3 left completely within 3 months. He tells me now they just go to the pub after work like normal people. 

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

That'll last for another 90 minutes if you are lucky and then he'll be out again. Another that should have been ditched in the summer

Or until he next plays for Scotland

13 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

That's, erm, different. I'd a mate worked for the Royal Bank and his work 'team' decided to do a corporate race thing along the West Highland Way. It was a miserable experience, the weather was shocking, the terrain challenging and their fitness a little suspect. There were 6 of his colleagues and him and they all fell out, a couple of them spectacularly, nearly coming to blows at one point. One went off on the sick right away, another 3 left completely within 3 months. He tells me now they just go to the pub after work like normal people. 

That kind of garbage was generally implemented by the Personnel Manager, who was desperate to gain 'Investors in People' status, to  add to his/her own CV.

Personnel became 'Human Resources', of course, which caused -still causes- me some considerable amusement, as the personnel 'pros' I  have encountered generally looked as human as tailors' dummies and displayed similar resourcefulness. 

As for FC Midtjyland's adventure training, I should recommend it, indeed insist in it, for all SNP elected representatives, MPs, MSPs, and Councillors. They are aye telling us that we can/should be like Denmark, so it seems fair.  Perhaps it ain't  quite Highland Hygge, but they can't  have everything: they think they can, so it would be a short, sharp, salutary lesson. 

I would, however, allow them all to have rifles, and ammunition. In the Highland fastnesses, they could only harm themselves, or each other. What's not to like?

5 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Forty years past in the wake of the Falkland Conflict, Mrs Thatcher's Government wanted to surf the feel good wave by promoting KAPE(Keep the Army in the Public Eye). They came up with Executive Stretch, a long weekend of middle to senior management from well known companies to participate in a 30 K slog. Mixed groupings of eight Bankers, Accountants, Lawyers, ....... etc from Lloyds Bank, ICI, Honeywell, .... etc were accompanied by both an Officer and senior NCO on a TAB course consisting of kayaking, orienteering, abseiling and culminating on an Assault Course.

The first one was based at Garelochhead and the course straddled three lochs and Glen Douglas. Considerable military support was available reference shelter/sleeping, rations and, provision of necessary kit. I believe the idea was to increase understanding on both sides of pressures and demands? We were requested to submit general reports on both the organisation and conduct. I complied suggesting it should be scaled back considerably; a wander and a couple of lunches could achieve the same communication. I received the companies suggestions, they wanted it tougher and demanded individual reports.

I was not prepared to offer career defining reports and most others agreed. The entire concept was handed over to the TA and ran for a further several years.

It was a recipe for serious injury and disaster.

1 hour ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Alpha males getting their ambitions confused with their capabilities.

I've met and spoken to many bankers and accountants and the vast majority aren't alpha males.