[FT] Rangers 2 (Barisic 10; Silva 76) - 0 Ayr Utd

After a hard fought win in midweek, a good chance for the manager to rotate his squad for the visit of Ayr Utd tomorrow.

I'm expecting a side along the following lines with Diomande perhaps used up a line with Barisic providing the actual width. I'd expect Davies, Cantwell, Matondo and Dessers to be available from the bench. Good to have various options!

GF5l4n_WIAAGFJJ?format=jpg&name=large

I thought Diomande would more likely be a sitting midfielder? He may start instead of Jack? Surely we don't want to risk Jack in a game like this?

Is Davies fit? I'd have thought it more likely that he got a start rather than King.

Matondo still needs games so he may start.

It would have been good to have rested Tav but with Sterling not available and Devine on loan, we may have to start with him.

Goldson could do with a rest too, so maybe Souttar or Balogun may get a shot?

Will McCrorie get a shot?

It's one of the more fascinating team choices of the season and it'll be interesting to see who he goes with.

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I thought Diomande would more likely be a sitting midfielder? He may start instead of Jack? Surely we don't want to risk Jack in a game like this?

Is Davies fit? I'd have thought it more likely that he got a start rather than King.

Matondo still needs games so he may start.

It would have been good to have rested Tav but with Sterling not available and Devine on loan, we may have to start with him.

Goldson could do with a rest too, so maybe Souttar or Balogun may get a shot?

Will McCrorie get a shot?

It's one of the more fascinating team choices of the season and it'll be interesting to see who he goes with.

Diomande can play anywhere across the midfield positions - attacking or defensive.

Davies back fit but not sure he'll start.

Balogun not available until next weekend as needs sessions to get used to new mask.

McCrorie might start but I guess it all the above depends on how the manager views the quality of the opposition. 

The games are coming thick and fast, so rotation will be necessary but I'd prefer us to start with a fairly strong XI.  

We need to keep winning silverware. 

We often expect a barrow load of goals in games like these against lower league opponents & seldom get it.

Ayr are top half of the championship and are probably as good as any team in the bottom half of the premiership.

Expecting a win but maybe not by as a big a margin as most of us hoping for

Clement's press conferences are good to watch. I don't know if other managers, particularly in Scotland, are as articulate. He almost borders on the philosophical at times. Quite a change from our other recent managers.

I particularly liked his dealing with the Willie Collum question and his "I will be consulted in future" 

Edited by Yorkie Bear