[FT] Rangers 3 (Dessers 5', 45+5'; Souttar 90+2') - 1 Ross County

Hope everyone is enjoying Valentine's Day and has found an suitable excuse to see tonight's big game. I suspect the manager will revert to a similar setup as we seen v Aberdeen last midweek. Wouldn't surprise me to see Matondo and/or Dessers start though. Will we be top by 10pm?

GGTTYJ5XoAA2DSr?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I've been waiting for a game in which everything finally slots into place in front of goal and we score a barrowload. I hope it's tonight.

Agreed. I think our general play has been better: we're more direct, we move the ball quicker and have more self-belief.

However we're still not clinical enough which can affect the way games play out.

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Agreed. I think our general play has been better: we're more direct, we move the ball quicker and have more self-belief.

However we're still not clinical enough which can affect the way games play out.

We're starting to suffocate teams again for spells too, we haven't seen that since the first 6 months of the 55 season imo.

If we can create chances a wee bit more then we'll be on the right road - everything else is getting better just not creating regular clear cut chances.

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Hope everyone is enjoying Valentine's Day and has found an suitable excuse to see tonight's big game. I suspect the manager will revert to a similar setup as we seen v Aberdeen last midweek. Wouldn't surprise me to see Matondo and/or Dessers start though. Will we be top by 10pm?

GGTTYJ5XoAA2DSr?format=jpg&name=large

Happy enough with that, could maybe give Dio 60 and bring Lawrence on is the only suggestion.

County are hopeless according to a recent manager. Should be a walkover.

On the other hand, last time in Glasgow although they lost a goal in the first minute, they held out for the next three hours or however long it lasted.

14 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

County are hopeless according to a recent manager. Should be a walkover.

On the other hand, last time in Glasgow although they lost a goal in the first minute, they held out for the next three hours or however long it lasted.

I have to ask, anent the Staggies soubriquet, were the Seaforth Highlanders ever seen in red coats?

If so, then Dr James McIntosh for the pre-match pep talk, sez I.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I have to ask, anent the Staggies soubriquet, were the Seaforth Highlanders ever seen in red coats?

They were, as were all the Highland Regiments before the rifle put an end to such finery. The drummers in the pipes and drums of 4 Scots, descendants of the Seaforth, still wear scarlet doublets. They looked better in green. Not emerald green, obviously, a much darker shade than that. Archer Green it’s called, I think.