[FT] Rangers 3 (Dessers 5', 45+5'; Souttar 90+2') - 1 Ross County

9 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

an improved version for me. More direct in attack and even more pressure. 

That could be argued, but very similar.

Would be interesting if some of the statos could compare where we were goals for and against at this point of the season under SG and Clement. 

2 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

We just need to keep winning. I came out disappointed and deflated last night. which was utterly ridiculous considering how we played and chances created. Bring on St Johnstone

The expectation of the fans last night was that we would score goals enough to be clear top on goal difference.

I took from the game that we again gained ground albeit by 1 goal.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

That could be argued, but very similar.

Would be interesting if some of the statos could compare where we were goals for and against at this point of the season under SG and Clement. 

i suspect we are better in both departments. In fact i am sure we are. 

Of course Gerrard had the whole season, he had a pre season and indeed previous ones to get there. 

He also had his own players. 

I can't wait to see us next year. 

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i suspect we are better in both departments. In fact i am sure we are. 

Of course Gerrard had the whole season, he had a pre season and indeed previous ones to get there. 

He also had his own players. 

I can't wait to see us next year. 

Oh agreed on all points. SG inherited an inadequate squad and then turned then us around both in Euope then domestically.

I still think the football we played during 55 was the best I've seen in decades. Whilst Clement has improved us dramatically, I still think we are below the level we were at during 55. 

Saying all that, nothing to say Clement won't get us to that level and / or beyond once he's been here for a pre-season or two. 

42 minutes ago, onevision said:

The expectation of the fans last night was that we would score goals enough to be clear top on goal difference.

I took from the game that we again gained ground albeit by 1 goal.

Yeah especially after going in front early. The RC goal was a real jolt. As you say we won - thats the bottom line and if we predominately do that between now and the end of the season we shall have at least one more🏆

Edited by Whosthedado

Looked at simply, 23 shots 'on target', with an xG of circa 5, and an actual score of 3, means that a lot of the attempts were straight at the goalkeeper, or at a defender, or weak, or sclaffed, or speculative/hopeful, or merely rubbish in some other way - about 18 !!- and that at least one 'sitter' was missed. 

Is this wrong? And if it's not, is it worrying, and, if it's worrying, how may it be rectified?

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Looked at simply, 23 shots 'on target', with an xG of circa 5, and an actual score of 3, means that a lot of the attempts were straight at the goalkeeper, or at a defender, or weak, or sclaffed, or speculative/hopeful, or merely rubbish in some other way - about 18 !!- and that at least one 'sitter' was missed. 

Is this wrong? And if it's not, is it worrying, and, if it's worrying, how may it be rectified?

Beyond everything else is a better penalty box striker but until then we could start with vastly improved crosses, most of which are just appalling and almost never produce end product.