[FT] Benfica 2 - 2 Rangers (Lawrence 7; Sterling 45+5)

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Apart from the OG, I thought Souttar and Goldson played well considering their showing at the weekend. The team that started is the team we need to play to win silverware IMO. Maybe Roofe and Dessers can rotate but that looks like our strongest team at the moment. 

It does at the moment, but hopefully Sima, Cantwell, Matando, Cortes and Danilo back before season ends. We'll need them IMO 

That's a superb result in Portugal against a CL quality side. Only a really unfortunate moment stopped us taking a lead back to Ibrox but I think that's a fair result on the balance of play with us being so wasteful on the ball in that second half. All to play for next week!

Add in a very unlucky penalty concession then there's lot to be positive about for the return leg. Yes, Benfica dominated but we were well organised, worked hard and took our chances on the break. Another huge night at Ibrox next Thursday tea-time!

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Awe naw, Sterling with strapping around his thigh at end of game. Hope it doesn't stop him from flying the team home.

I saw that. I'm sure it was just precautionary as they wouldn't want him walking around the pitch with a bad injury.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

It does at the moment, but hopefully Sima, Cantwell, Matando, Cortes and Danilo back before season ends. We'll need them IMO 

Hopefully but we will not see Cortes again IMO and Danilo will be nowhere near fit to make a significant contribution. 

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Still no idea how they gave a pen for that handball as it comes off his head before hitting his hand.

Compare and contrast to the one West Ham were denied tonight. Ref asked to review a blatant hand ball and stuck with his original (wrong) decision of no penalty 🙄 

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Still no idea how they gave a pen for that handball as it comes off his head.

You know the thing that really baffles me about VAR, why do they call the ref to view the video? if the linesman flags for offside/penalty, or any other incident the ref accepts it! the VAR operators are qualified refs so why does VAR call the ref to view it?