Rangers V Lyon Prediction

johnny's right - buffel's had his chance.

But it has to be remembered, people deserve second chances and he has certainly knuckled down and showed the right attitude to get that chance. Its not as if he is like Ricksen was with his attitude or even Klos to an extent.

Also it has to be remembered he was played out of position a lot when he did get a chance.

And i hope nobody brings up the Sebo thing. My opinion on him was to give him a simple try, not a second chance.

Anyway, this is off topic now so back on topic - I still think we will go through with a draw or a narrow win :cheers:

Gribz, WS won't play a 4-4-1-1 in this game IMO, which makes the argument for Buffel a futile one. It is even more futile given the guy hasn't played a first team game for a season.

If you are offended by my statement then apologies - I definitely worded that wrong but my point was that there really is no place in the team for our most important game of the season thus far for a guy that 1) hasn't played first team football in over a year 2) for a guy who often doesn't have the guts for the fight and 3) for a guy who also has looked disinterested at times.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer we had a go at Lyon too - but do any of us really believe WS will do that ? I don't think he will and, even if he does, he won't use Buffel (he says as WS, come Wednesday night, plays Buffel in the hole who then proceeds to score the goal to take us through......).

I also agree that Whittaker has been very ordinary for us, but I just cant see WS going with an attacking midfielder. Maybe what WS will do is go with McCulloch on the right and play Charlie Adam on the left ?

Gribz, WS won't play a 4-4-1-1 in this game IMO, which makes the argument for Buffel a futile one. It is even more futile given the guy hasn't played a first team game for a season.

Agreed Smith wont play a 4-4-1-1 but more a flat 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1. I would prefer to see a more attack minded line up, but Im all for attacking football in every game with a solid back 4 and holding midfield. But maybe it goes back to Frankies post R.E Davie Weir as to why we play this way - needing that extra pair of legs at the back 3rd.

If you are offended by my statement then apologies - I definitely worded that wrong but my point was that there really is no place in the team for our most important game of the season thus far for a guy that 1) hasn't played first team football in over a year 2) for a guy who often doesn't have the guts for the fight and 3) for a guy who also has looked disinterested at times.

Not so much offended mate, just prefer all sensible views to be respected. :)

I agree you have a point that this is the most important game thus far and it is a risk putting a player in who hasnt had any first team football but I still say he is match fit. RE your points 2 and 3 I think he does now have a bit of fight and is interested, maybe this is with age, but for him to be starring in every reserve outing against better reserves like Newcastle and Middlesboro AND playing on cold scottish evenings, shows he could be up for the fight. Then again he may be putting himself in the shop window for January.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer we had a go at Lyon too - but do any of us really believe WS will do that ? I don't think he will and, even if he does, he won't use Buffel (he says as WS, come Wednesday night, plays Buffel in the hole who then proceeds to score the goal to take us through......).

Back to my first paragraph - no, I dont think Smith will have a go at Lyon, but I wouldnt completely rule it out. And Id settle for Buffel to do as you mentioned. :)

I also agree that Whittaker has been very ordinary for us, but I just cant see WS going with an attacking midfielder. Maybe what WS will do is go with McCulloch on the right and play Charlie Adam on the left ?

Quite a high possibility he will go with Adam and to fair to him he hasnt done too bad. Its just he blows hot and cold and when he is cold he is murder.

But we'll find out on Wednesday evening or the early hours of Thursday for me. But one thing is for sure, I'll be up at 3am raring to go as this is amuch anticipated game for me, I really cant wait and Im looking forward to seeing the team sheet.