[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 55; Lawrence 58)

Something else that was really puzzling me last night was the referee constantly allowed Killie players to steal up to 20 yards for free kicks and throw-ins.

Dickinson was very poor and lacked any sort of presence on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Something else that was really puzzling me last night was the referee constantly allowed Killie players to steal up to 20 yards for free kicks and throw-ins.

Dickinson was very poor and lacked any sort of presence on the pitch.

In the second half their goalkeeper was allowed to take a free kick about 5 yards outside his box when the foul was committed along the 6 yard line.

Something that really annoys me is the little things that refs let teams away with and Killie done it and got away with it often last night. Its the little niggly digs just after a player plays the ball. A little push or a shove or a foot in. Not enough for the ref to blow for a foul in SPFL world but when it happens every time its a real annoyance. Kille done this last night, to Barisic and Diomande especially.

38 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I was quiet impressed with Kilmarnock last night. I get the pitch being a leveller but they go about their business in a direct, aggressive and organised manner. They clearly have a good level of belief when facing the OF teams and their results back that up. Some other teams in Scotland should take note. 

No reason it should be unpopular since it was there for everyone to see last night. McInnes is doing a good job at Rugby Park. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I was quiet impressed with Kilmarnock last night. I get the pitch being a leveller but they go about their business in a direct, aggressive and organised manner. They clearly have a good level of belief when facing the OF teams and their results back that up. Some other teams in Scotland should take note. 

The have committed to ripping it up and putting in real grass, so fair play to them for showing a bit of ambition. They will know longer term its not a good 'sell' for players to play on it for them.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Given we are the only team to have defeated them in the last 15 games, shows they are doing something right.

They play a certain way, that's their perogative and it's up to us and other teams to develop a system that can cope with them and defeat them.

We didn't play well last night, that may be done to the pitch, Kilmarnock or us not being on our game (or a little of "all of the above").

We escaped with 3 points but at what cost given the injuries to Lawrence and Cortes

Was always the fear in advance that we concede the first goal as it plays into the hands of Killie's game plan perfectly.  Thankfully it happened early enough in the game that we were able to turn it around.  Credit has to go to the players for adapting, albeit some better than others.

For me the swap of Dessers for Silva was key.  Too many balls in the first half were going long into Silva who either wasn't getting on the end at all, or was outmuscled.

But it was the 3 bits of quality in relatively short order that won the game.  Butland's save, then then two goals.  Clement earning his stripes yet again by making the changes necessary.  

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Interesting looking at the GPL threads many posters have him down as FGS often. Supporters believe in him now and its deserved.

The difference in him since those first few games of the season is incredible.  He was lumbering, lacked sharpness and confidence.  Now he's the complete opposite, albeit he has a bit of the Kenny Millers about him when he is 1v1 with the keeper and has time to think.