[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 60' pen) - 2 Motherwell

It's ridiculous how Cyriel Dessers has turned around his fortunes in a Rangers shirt. He hardly knew what to do with a football when he arrived and was rightly criticised as a poor acquisition. Six months later and most fans are disgruntled if he isn't in the starting line up. That's a story to be proud of and you can see it in his whole demeanour at the moment, the relief at being accepted and a part of the story this season. Nice one Cyriel.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Six months later and most fans are disgruntled if he isn't in the starting line up.

Fanatic myopia.

FANaticS rarely see the big pictures.

They are grasshoppers. Dessers is a streak guy, on a streak. Always has been, always will be. 

When he is not on one, they will not remember when he was. 

Such is life. 

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Fanatic myopia.

They are grasshoppers. Dessers is a streak guy, on a streak. Always has been, always will be. 

Such is life. 

If you're saying that fans react to what they see then perhaps they're the only ones with good eyesight.

The alternative, surely, is to react to what you don't see and that's usually called fantasy. Y'know, where smartarses live.

35 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Fanatic myopia.

Such is life. 

Regarding Dessers, he'll prove his doubters wrong, but listen, there are still Rangers fans, mental as it sounds, who still don't rate, or worse, want rid of Tav, or who don't rate Ridvan (mentalists).

Edited by CammyF

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Regarding Dessers, he'll prove his doubters wrong, but listen, there are still Rangers fans, mental as it sounds, who still don't rate, or worse, want rid of Tav, or who don't rate Ridvan (mentalists).

Like i said, Dessers is a streak guy, on a streak. Hopefully that continues until this season ends. If I were the club I would most definitely weigh that fact in the off season. You move these types of players when they are hot. 

Tav has more than proved his worth over the years. The man has saved the team. Is he the best defender blah blah. 

Like granny used to say..."most folks would complain if ya hung em with a gold rope"

Ridvan...IDK...too small a sample size. 

Dio in the 10 then? I would've thought Silva was a more natural fit tbh but I trust the manager.

I did expect Raskin to come back in, hopefully he has a good game!

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you're saying that fans react to what they see then perhaps they're the only ones with good eyesight.

The alternative, surely, is to react to what you don't see and that's usually called fantasy. Y'know, where smartarses live.

What I'm sayin is that they do not look at the entire picture, because they run on FANatical emotion and not logic.

In Dessers case, a team cannot consistently rely on his type of player as he is, and has always been a streak player.

Streak players are an addendum not a stalwart.

My advice, pray for the streak to continue and sell in off season.

Cause guess what's gonna probably happen startin campaign '24-'25? 

That's a comforting line up but most importantly, if Dujon Sterling starts then all will be well. If he plays on the left he'll tick another positional box. Is there anything he can't do?