[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 60' pen) - 2 Motherwell

16 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

They are utter garbage and got slapped about by Morton.

Vintage 80S GIF

Aye, we slapped Betis about, so what? 

Take away the officiating, Motherwell deserved their victory today, solid in defence, mobile and composed in midfield and dangerous in attack.

Our LHS has been a concern for ages. Many said not getting a goalscorer signed in January would cost us the league, not addressing the LJS of our defence was worse in my opinion.

Anyway, it's the bump in the road we were warned about, it's now all about how we respond. 

Edited by CammyF

The red card which Motherwell should have got in the first half aside, until we get better quality in the wide areas up front & a striker who can get 20-25 league goals per season I think we’ll struggle to win titles.

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He is a #9, but I agree he hasn't shown up well in terms of scoring goals. 

What I can’t understand is (and you posted this when the lineup was revealed) why the manager shoehorns a dm in as a #10 when Silva would be a good option to me there. But again with Cantwell injured and Lawrence being game time limited our forward options are diminishing fast. Who knows how long McCausland is out for now.

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The red card which Motherwell should have got in the first half aside, until we get better quality in the wide areas up front & a striker who can get 20-25 league goals per season I think we’ll struggle to win titles.

Our most effective and dangerous player is our right back. He'll end up our top scorer 

However, until we get our LHS of defence sorted, we'll continue to lose soft goals (like Motherwell opener today).

Edited by CammyF

16 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did we not sign Silva?

I must have made it up... 

You were saying something different, which sounds a wee bit ridiculous. He's been bright every time he's on the park, just Tav doesn't want him to score from the spot. He was tremendous vs Hearts ... and still has to learn how to play against top not Scottish fridge-throwers and iron-men every week.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Our most effective and dangerous player is our right back. He'll end up our top scorer 

Yes, he will.  A team with their RB as top scorer will not win the league. Simple. 

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

.... thanks to his penalties. No half-truths, please.

So when did penalties not count as goals? Do we take McCoists many penalties away from him when discussing his phenomenal goalscoring record? 

Off course we don't- it's not a half-truth, he'll end up out top scorer. How many has he scored this season? 

Oh, and if either of our left backs were half as good as Tav, we'd be a far better team. 

Edited by CammyF

Call me cynical but I don’t see a great deal of difference in our game since Clement took over. We’re still getting FB’s hitting 30 to 40 yards crosses into the opponents penalty box which is packed with defenders. I say again, we need better quality in the wide areas up front 

Edited by RANGERRAB