[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 60' pen) - 2 Motherwell

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The length of time it took Muir and VAR to award us a penalty was telling. The potential red card took no time at all (to get to the wrong decision), whilst it took th forever to come to the right decision at the penalty. 

It's now beyond the stage where these decisions can be argued away as "inept officials".

Did VAR even look at the red card? MacAusland is very fortunate not to have got a broken leg. It was dangerous play . The photos prove this

Edited by RANGERRAB

20 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I don't want them reffing the games cause they are shit. It's crazy that we don't have full time refs in this country, that is the biggest problem.

Making these refs full time and presumably paying them a lot more money won’t improve matters.

I genuinely believe they should not be allowed to referee Rangers games

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Did VAR even look at the red card? MacAusland is very fortunate not to have got a broken leg. It was dangerous okay. The photos prove this

I'm sure Muir pointed to his ear-piece when McCausland was getting treatment. Could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

There is clear photographic evidence of Carey going over the top.

Is the compliance officer still a thing? Or has VAR made that role redundant (serious question). 

If it is still in operation, then this must be reviewed.

Still think that on OF games the ref etc should be totally neutral, Dutch, German etc.

Chances of it happening are of course less than zero, aren't they Peter 🤔

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

There is clear photographic evidence of Carey going over the top.

Have they started dishing out retrospective cards?  I haven't heard of this.

Just now, FDMA said:

Still think that on OF games the ref etc should be totally neutral, Dutch, German etc.

Chances of it happening are of course less than zero, aren't they Peter 🤔

Funnily enough European referees tend to send Celtic players off and award penalties against them. Obviously they are less corupt, sorry, inept than Scottish refs.

So you're right, Peter is never gonna allow it.

I got a bad feeling when I saw the 11 today. Injuries have really taken their toll in the forward areas. It should have been enough but a major error and clinical finish changed the whole game early on. And Motherwell really did turn up today. The game was a reminder that Clement is largely working with the same players Beale had too.