• Tom Lawrence
    • Dujon Sterling
    • Cyriel Dessers
    • Ryan Jack
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Nicolas Raskin
    • Ross McCausland
    • Cole McKinnon

A lot of contenders - Lawrence, Sterling, Butland, Silva, Dio, Tav and Souttar were all standouts for me (rest of team were very good as well).

Have gone for Silva - started the game on fire and was heavily involved in both goals.

No real arguments with whoever anyone picks as team was littered with big performances 

Butland made some incredible stops, but his distribution was really poor at times, so not him. I thought Goldson was very good, but his OG excludes him from this, Soutar was steady and effective. Lawrence was excellent first half but faded in the second. Tav had one of his poorest matches in Europe I thought. Lundstrom was very good and then very bad at different points in the match. Some of his passing had me yelling at the TV. Diomande was excellent, but he came off before the end, as did Sterling who was also very good and Silva too, but both came off.

So I've voted for Ridvan, who defended very well, got forward effectively, played every minute of the match and is making me eat my words about him with every passing game. Fair play to him. 

Edited by JohnMc

Tough one, would be easier to pick the disappointments to be honest.

Lundstrum was woeful, Goldson's header was outrageous, but even worse, why can't he head like that in the opposition box?! Dessers was posted missing for the majority of the game and it was made more obvious when Roofe came on

My pick is Silva mainly because the power of work he went through, didn't stop running and was a great out-ball option... Looked like he was enjoying himself too

Special mentions for Dio, Yilmaz and Sterling

I went for Diomande.  He seems to fit in so well and didn't look out of place against Benfica. 

Plenty of worthwhile contenders though.

Silva here too.  Just thought he was the difference when it came to the goals, he was a constant threat and did a mountain of running.