Lundstram: renew or release?

Lundstram: Renew or Release?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Renew or Release?

56 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If he was happy to renew for 2 years at 20k a week it’s a no brainer. If he wants 30k a week for 3 years it’s a no thanks. 

This.

And there's no big if around Roofe, times up sadly.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

14 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If he was happy to renew for 2 years at 20k a week it’s a no brainer. If he wants 30k a week for 3 years it’s a no thanks. 

Don't know about the figures but agree with the sentiments. If he wants more money than we think is reasonable, no thanks. If he wants a longer contract than we think is reasonable, no thanks. Otherwise, come on down.

He is very good domestically and often dominates games. If it's felt his experience will help younger players coming through, a short extension may be felt worthwhile.

So in short, ideally renew but not at any cost. 

Nope...but they will...they almost always do. 

Big picture...John has been pretty meh overall. 

Good

-Routinely healthy in a squad that has an obvious voodoo curse upon it.

Bad

-Consistent when it suits John. 

Meh?

-Hittin that triple X...30 Anos. Some cats it's all down from there...some it's a slow progression...everybody feels it.

Overall grade for JL? C

Not a keeper, maw. 

Prediction--Rangers will re-sign him to a deal that is way too lucrative (for him) for far too long (4+ years).

Thus ensuring the last ~1.5 years of contract, an injured/degraded player, on a high salary...

happy dance marathon GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

I struggled with this topic, but I would probably let him go rather than give him a long term contract. That said it was a tough decision so if the Gaffer wants to re-sign him it won't break my heart. 

I was always in favour of retaining Ryan Jack, with the caveat that he would be able to play 20-30 games. 

He's only played 12 games worth of minutes this season (1080 minutes from 22 appearances), unfortunately. 

I think it's time to release him this season. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I was always in favour of retaining Ryan Jack, with the caveat that he would be able to play 20-30 games. 

He's only played 12 games worth of minutes this season (1080 minutes from 22 appearances), unfortunately. 

I think it's time to release him this season. 

He’ll get a few games in now, just in time to go get injured for Scotland 👍

Keep. 

Rarely injured, a decent performer (a PotY candidate for this season) and a leader in the side.  Every team needs experienced players and if we can agree a decent deal then I'm all for it.