Lundstram: renew or release?

Lundstram: Renew or Release?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Renew or Release?

I can't imagine why anyone would think ill of John Lundstram. He's been exceptional for much of his time here and I very much hope we can see him in a Rangers shirt at least for next season. However anyone familiar with our contracting decisions over the last 30 years or so can't help being concerned at the way we typically hand out long term contracts to players over 30, only to regret it and end up buying out contracts. The waste of resources has been ridiculous at times ....... as has already been implied by Philippe Clement.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I'm sayin I know what I see, and them stats y'all put up there shows my lyin eyes are tellin me the truth.

As for objective, I am very objective. 

To givin that guy another few...FOUR years at Rangers. 

He can go down and play at Ipswich, QPR or one of them other turds in that Championship punch bowl.

Vaya con Dios Juan.

Not one person has argued for him to get a 4 year contract, but knock yourself out with unjustified hyperbole.

You may claim to be objective but your last 2 sentences again show your dislike for him.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Not one person has argued for him to get a 4 year contract, but knock yourself out with unjustified hyperbole.

You may claim to be objective but your last 2 sentences again show your dislike for him.

Book it...there will be a deal of that, or very near that length. 

I don't know the man so I couldn't possibly dislike him.

As a matter of fact I can see him being a solid contributor with a mid table Championship or solid League 1 team. 

3 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I like these polls.  They are a simple choice and raise some interesting discussions.  Who is next?  Ryan Jack?

On the other hand, it's a fairly worthless exercise unless you also have some idea what the player wants.

I think it's fair to say the Turkish media is as bad as our own for their inventive bullshit. From what I can see, Trabzonspor is hardly waist deep in money right now and their finances took a steep dive in 2023.

Surely Kent's situation in Turkey would put others off going over there.

From a Rangers point of view, I suppose it depends on offers from elsewhere, what Lundstram is willing to accept to stay and also what possible replacements we can afford 

Edited by Gonzo79