7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You DID misquote and bow your changing the narrative. 

I don't think we were favourites to beat Benfica (that's 3 games at Ibrox against them in the last few years and we are yet to defeat them).

If we had a fully fit and firing squad, we would have had a better chance of beating them. 

Putting things into perspective, going into the game tonight they were 4tg or 5th favourites to win the competition, whilst we were 14th.

If you think we should be beating Benfica, that's your perogative. Others see it different and are entitled to. 

Even more context. They are currently above Porto in the league who looked decent V Arsenal the other night.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Yes...they were shit...but we couldn't best them...so what does that make us?

If you are truly better than the other team...you walk the dog on em.

All this "they were offsides...VAR...blah blah woof woof"

If you go out and stomp ass all that falls by the wayside.

We were never any real threat. 

Thems the facts. 

No no ... they weren't shit, and "better" teams don't walk the dog on worse teams. Nor did luck desert them thrice over the two games, so you can mention these VARs if you want to stay on the objective side. The only "fact" that we saw is that they scored on goal more than we did. The rest is opinion.

34 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think we need to give Benfica any credit. They are a good side but they are currently going through a bad spell. If we have our full complement of players we could have beaten them. 

Alas! We didn't have a full team. We played well for the most part. I felt we just lacked quality in the final third. I think Sima, Cortes and Danilo make a difference. 

I do think it has been another good European campaign, though: to get out of the group is a superb achievement. 

Just my opinion but I thought Benfica got it spot on tonight. They pressed us last week and we picked them of and arguably could / should have won the game.

Tonight they sat in and gave us the ball in areas they knew we couldn't hurt them, then hit us on the break. I'm sure our XG was 0.5 and there's was 1.57. 

The lack off creativity killed us tonight, but their number 87 was brilliant, controlled the game and snuffed out our forward players.

The positives are that we've had another really good European campaign, generated much need cash but ultimately ran out of steam.

We were never going to win the EL so now we can put all out energy into securing the league title.

If we were offered the league Cup in the trophy cabinet, the last 16 of the EL, 2 points ahead in the league and semi-final of Scottish Cup at this stage of the season before a ball was kicked, we'd have all taken it.

Also, if anyone had said we'd be in this position when PC took over, they would have been sectioned.

Edited by CammyF

Just back from Ibrox.  Thought we gave a good account of ourselves but lacked any cutting edge.

They probably deserved to win over the two legs.

I'm soaked.

Dessers is shite.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

You DID misquote and bow your changing the narrative. 

I don't think we were favourites to beat Benfica (that's 3 games at Ibrox against them in the last few years and we are yet to defeat them).

If we had a fully fit and firing squad, we would have had a better chance of beating them. 

Putting things into perspective, going into the game tonight they were 4tg or 5th favourites to win the competition, whilst we were 14th.

If you think we should be beating Benfica, that's your perogative. Others see it different and are entitled to. 

I just look forward to a time when the game topic isn't reduced to this sort of petty and pointless bickering over who said what to who. I mean, it's as tedious as it's predictable.