Yilmaz goes off injured playing for Turkey

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

That's a bit extreme. And unrealistic. You really don't think the Euros and the World Cup will be scrapped, do you? So where will international players come from? Further, if Rangers FC (or any other club) adopt a policy of not releasing players for international duty (even if legally possible) nobody but nobody will sign for us.

Nothing unrealistic about it ... because at no point did I say I thought these tournaments would be scrapped. I merely think they should be.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I think, but stand to be corrected, that the FAs are liable for injuries on International Duty, and financial recompense is made. 

Nothing the FA's do can possibly compensate for points dropped or cups lost.

15 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If this turns out to be another mid to long term muscle injury we need to move him on in the summer. Happening far to often and he’ll never play a consistent run of games.

He's played for months on the trot now. Maybe we just stop them from flying about for too long? We should keep our fingers crossed for Dessers now.

We'll sure look for some LB in the summer, hopefully in addition to Ridvan.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

He's played for months on the trot now. Maybe we just stop them from flying about for too long? We should keep our fingers crossed for Dessers now.

We'll sure look for some LB in the summer, hopefully in addition to Ridvan.

I must admit I am surprised he has been fit for this long, I thought he had only managed a handful of games between injuries. Looking at your link, 1 goal and 1 assist in about 13 games worth of minutes between league and scottish cup since Xmas reinforces my thoughts that he is nowhere near good enough, and we must look to replace this summer or next winter at the latest. While I am pleased to see he has certainly improved his overall play and doesn't give the ball away as much as he used to, he is still fairly poor defensively IMO and not providing enough goals/assists offensively. He has now had the run of games and settling in period so there are no more excuses, he just isn't what we need. However he is very well thought of back in Kebab-land so hopefully we can make some money from him, as he was bloody expensive for such a limited player so hopefully that value has increased over his time with us, winning trophies and playing high profile games in Europe will certainly do that on highlights reels.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I must admit I am surprised he has been fit for this long, I thought he had only managed a handful of games between injuries. Looking at your link, 1 goal and 1 assist in about 13 games worth of minutes between league and scottish cup since Xmas reinforces my thoughts that he is nowhere near good enough, and we must look to replace this summer or next winter at the latest. While I am pleased to see he has certainly improved his overall play and doesn't give the ball away as much as he used to, he is still fairly poor defensively IMO and not providing enough goals/assists offensively. He has now had the run of games and settling in period so there are no more excuses, he just isn't what we need. However he is very well thought of back in Kebab-land so hopefully we can make some money from him, as he was bloody expensive for such a limited player so hopefully that value has increased over his time with us, winning trophies and playing high profile games in Europe will certainly do that on highlights reels.

How many assists do you think a full-back should be providing? Are you thinking he should be putting up Tavernier numbers? 

Take Trent Alexander-Arnold, who I think we can agree is the most creative FB in the PL; He has 7 assists from 34 games, which is around 0.20 per 90. If we extrapolate that to the 13 games Ridvan has played, you would be looking at around 2–3 assists. 

I would also argue Ridvan assist output is better because his xA is around 3.5. If our forwards were any good he'd be sitting at 3–4 assists. He is creating the chances. 

TAA also has two goals. 

Moreover, Ridvan is only 22. Do you not think players can improve? 

I think it's worth keeping him for another year or two, and if the injury record continues, then sell. 

Punting him – and any player – because he's not exactly what you want at this exact moment is madness. 

The sensible thing to do is replace the aging Barisic and keep Ridvan.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The sensible thing to do is replace the aging Barisic and keep Ridvan.

Agreed.

Our fanbase do have a knack for judging a player too early and then not budging from that standpoint, even when things improve.  

20 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If this turns out to be another mid to long term muscle injury we need to move him on in the summer. Happening far to often and he’ll never play a consistent run of games.

Yeap...truth hurts but it is what it is.