Yilmaz goes off injured playing for Turkey

I see he got taken off injured around 27 minutes tonight! really hope it isn’t serious!!. Our run of injuries is crazy, if we manage to win the title it proves PC is a miracle worker!. Sterling to replace him at LB or Borna?.

8 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I see he got taken off injured around 27 minutes tonight! really hope it isn’t serious!!. Our run of injuries is crazy, if we manage to win the title it proves PC is a miracle worker!. Sterling to replace him at LB or Borna?.

Hope its nothing serious but with his previous injury record and our luck, you never know.

In my opinion, and I'll be in the minority, if he is to miss out on games, his replacement will be Borna (Sterling at a push depending on how our centre-mid looks). Barasic is a natural left back and Sterling is a right-footed utility player. 

Just emphasi that we need quality replacements in that area and that pointless international friendlies should be scrapped. 

• Rousseau changed the title to Yilmaz goes off injured playing for Turkey

Question, if anybody knows.... When players go away with the national team and get injured, do clubs get compensated for the time missed due to injury when they return? There must be something right, the club is paying wages for a player thats not giving anyting back to the club through no fault of their own. Is there some sort of insurance that covers it?

International football is an anachronism whose time has passed. We should no longer be expected to fund a player base for national teams to choose from, while clubs take the risk and bear the consequences. 

Having finally got a decent left back up and running we now face the prospect of having to field a clearly second choice player and jeopardising our competitive objectives. 

Nothing will turn you into an anarchist faster than these GD 'international breaks'.

Bummer for Ridvan.

Is it another hammy, or the ever formless, 'knock'?

Little feller was playin well too.

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Sterling for me. He never let's us down. Borna checked out months ago IMO. 

Aren't we all being a little presumptuous here?  Just because he got subbed off doesn't necessarily mean he won't be fit for Hibs.

Mind you, he is a Rangers player, so he'll probably be out until the start of next season. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

International football is an anachronism whose time has passed. We should no longer be expected to fund a player base for national teams to choose from, while clubs take the risk and bear the consequences. 

Having finally got a decent left back up and running we now face the prospect of having to field a clearly second choice player and jeopardising our competitive objectives. 

That's a bit extreme. And unrealistic. You really don't think the Euros and the World Cup will be scrapped, do you? So where will international players come from? Further, if Rangers FC (or any other club) adopt a policy of not releasing players for international duty (even if legally possible) nobody but nobody will sign for us.

6 hours ago, lenny3k said:

Question, if anybody knows.... When players go away with the national team and get injured, do clubs get compensated for the time missed due to injury when they return? There must be something right, the club is paying wages for a player thats not giving anyting back to the club through no fault of their own. Is there some sort of insurance that covers it?

I think, but stand to be corrected, that the FAs are liable for injuries on International Duty, and financial recompense is made.