Hutton To Spurs - �£8M + Add Ons

I'm quite surprised at how many of the guys think that WS is going to get every penny of any money brought in by the sale of players.

Let's assume AH goes in january and we do get 8 mill for him. I doubt very much if DM will hand the whole lot over to Watty. I think it'll take the sale of two or three more( cousin, Hemdani and possibly Boyd ) for WS to be able to go and spend any reasonably significant amount of money.

In saying that, DM should realise that by giving WS the funds to bring in some quality will give us an even better chance of winning the league and guaranteeing CL football for next season.

That's 10 million reasons DM should not need reminding of.

Delighted he is staying on and TBH he will win more at Gers than Spurs so he is right to stay on. This would have been a financial move for him but then again he isnt exactly skint being a Ranger player.

Only if one of the big 4 comes in then I can see him move.

HUTTON WAITS FOR MANYOO

Far from turning down Tottenham to commit his future to Rangers, the probability is that Alan Hutton is waiting to see if Manchester United will bid for his services.

Despite Spurs agreeing an �£8m fee with Rangers on Thursday night, it is understood that Hutton wants to bide his time before providing a definitive answer.

According to The Guardian, 'Hutton, who has produced outstanding displays for Rangers and Scotland recently, is aware of tentative interest from elsewhere in England, most notably from Manchester United and Newcastle United, and is willing to bide his time.'

ManYoo require a new right-back with Gary Neville out of action for ten months and Wes Brown refusing to sign a new contract. Sir Alex Ferguson is a fan of Hutton, describing him as a future "superstar" after Scotland's match with Italy in November.

'As a close friend of Rangers' manager Walter Smith, who was briefly Ferguson's assistant at United for three months in 2004, the United manager is well-placed at Rangers, where he once played, to make his own Hutton enquiry,' says The Independent.

Delighted he is staying on and TBH he will win more at Gers than Spurs so he is right to stay on. This would have been a financial move for him but then again he isnt exactly skint being a Ranger player.

Only if one of the big 4 comes in then I can see him move.

I agree with you about everything Gribz.... except the financial side but only in a small way.

You obviously are right about him not being sking as a Rangers player but if he is being given a wage increase of 30k a week (not unreasonable given the wages of some EPL players) then that would be hard for ANYONE to turn down.

Football is a short career and they all know that - so you need to maximise your bank account as much as possible - many players have nothing else to fall back on so need to maximise their short career.

I don't think I am disagreeing with you on anything there except I wouldn't begrudge him making the move for the cash.

I am surprised he didnt but better teams than Spurs will come sniffing around him. If he turned Spurs down you can guarantee that it is because he is waiting and hoping for a bigger and better club to come in for him (which I am quite sure WILL happen).

What concerns me is that now that the 8 million figure is out there and commonly known that Rangers were prepared to accept it... is that every club now knows how much we would accept, so we are unlikely to get a whole lot more than that unless it comes down to a bidding war.

Even a bidding war looks unlikely as Hutton seems to be waiting for a specific club !

I agree with you about everything Gribz.... except the financial side but only in a small way.

You obviously are right about him not being sking as a Rangers player but if he is being given a wage increase of 30k a week (not unreasonable given the wages of some EPL players) then that would be hard for ANYONE to turn down.

Football is a short career and they all know that - so you need to maximise your bank account as much as possible - many players have nothing else to fall back on so need to maximise their short career.

I don't think I am disagreeing with you on anything there except I wouldn't begrudge him making the move for the cash.

I am surprised he didnt but better teams than Spurs will come sniffing around him. If he turned Spurs down you can guarantee that it is because he is waiting and hoping for a bigger and better club to come in for him (which I am quite sure WILL happen).

Yeah I agree, i wouldnt begrudge him the move for the money either but i applaude him for not jumping at it. As you say he would be likely to treble his wages at Spurs but decided to stay at Gers. He is capable of getting a few medals this season and i think thats whats maybe swayed it for him