Is anyone really surprised that Ridvan is out for longer than expected? Worryingly the manager said it was a "severe" injury. Positive we were told the opposite a few weeks back.

Diamonde back in contention for the semi-final, but that doesn't help us for tomorrow. 

Looks like the burden and onus is on the players who've struggled over the last 3-4 weeks. 

Let’s see how this pans out! Anyone watching the Barca game with that young 17 year old defender? I’m not saying we have anything like that class but surely there must be someone who is playable in the youth setup? Robbie Fraser he is a young promising talent.

After Sunday, it's easy to expect several changes to tonight's team but injury/illness means the same defence and the addition of Sterling to the midfield is probably necessary. Refreshing the front-line certainly overdue as well. Player attitude the biggest change required!

There is the argument that we play better as the team chasing rather than the leader so perhaps that may induce improvement. However, that's a huge weakness if you want to have consistent success and win league titles. Six league games will now define the future for much of this squad.

GLWZdE9WgAAhFLc?format=jpg&name=large

Starting Barisic again makes me feel very uncomfortable but with no Yilmaz and the likes of Fraser and Yfeko unproven then it's perhaps a necessary evil. I don't think Ben Davies would work there and I can't see a change of formation either. Sterling doesn't offer balance.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

After Sunday, it's easy to expect several changes to tonight's team but injury/illness means the same defence and the addition of Sterling to the midfield is probably necessary. Refreshing the front-line certainly overdue as well. Player attitude the biggest change required!

There is the argument that we play better as the team chasing rather than the leader so perhaps that may induce improvement. However, that's a huge weakness if you want to have consistent success and win league titles. Six league games will now define the future for much of this squad.

GLWZdE9WgAAhFLc?format=jpg&name=large

Starting Barisic again makes me feel very uncomfortable but with no Yilmaz and the likes of Fraser and Yfeko unproven then it's perhaps a necessary evil. I don't think Ben Davies would work there and I can't see a change of formation either. Sterling doesn't offer balance.

The best we can muster but I would drop Tavernier and put Sterling at right back .

11 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

Let’s see how this pans out! Anyone watching the Barca game with that young 17 year old defender? I’m not saying we have anything like that class but surely there must be someone who is playable in the youth setup? Robbie Fraser he is a young promising talent.

Robbie Fraser is 21 and has not been able to force his way into our first team under Gerrard, Gio, Beale or Clement. His contract is up next month and I think we can assume he'll be leaving the club. 

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Robbie Fraser is 21 and has not been able to force his way into our first team under Gerrard, Gio, Beale or Clement. His contract is up next month and I think we can assume he'll be leaving the club. 

Yeah, I don't think he's suddenly going to appear tonight and change everyone's mind.

However, we can look at McCausland for a younger player suddenly featuring from nowhere and doing a reasonably good job though he's clearly lost his place for a few reasons over the last couple of months.

Maybe Yfeko would be a better option than Barisic tonight but he's primarily a centre-half so wouldn't offer the attacking balance we need on that flank.

7 minutes ago, compo said:

The best we can muster but I would drop Tavernier and put Sterling at right back .

Tav has been really, really poor in the last couple of games but still offers too much to drop.

We can argue that the summer may be a good time to cash in (if there's still Saudi interest) but replacing his numbers will be easier said than done given our right hand side has been so poor in recent years.

I'd like to see Silva playing in his favoured position as the #9. 

And I'd like to see McCausland come back into the starting line-up.

Tamundo can come off the bench.  

That team is giving me the fear, although I think it'll be quite close to the actual starting XI.

Just out of interest, why is McCausland out of the picture?