7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That team is giving me the fear, although I think it'll be quite close to the actual starting XI.

Just out of interest, why is McCausland out of the picture?

I don't think he's recovered full fitness after recent injuries but he's certainly as likely to play as anyone else tonight.

It's just a case of whether or not the manager gives another chance to those who under-performed across the last two games or makes wholesale changes.

11 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

Anyone watching the Barca game with that young 17 year old defender?

Barca had 2 in the starting line up, one who is 16 and has started nearly 50 games now, with 6 caps for Spain, and one who's 17 and has played over 100 games, with 20 odd caps - We in this country still think that a 21 year old is young.

Barasic, please no. 

I actually thought we'd see a back-three utilised by Clement - at least in some games - because he used a back-three at Club Brugge and even at Monaco he used a situational back-three with the LB staying back and the RB playing further forward.

We've clearly not got the wingers he'd like, but perhaps this shows we've also not got the profile of defender he'd like, either. 

(I correct myself: we did see a situational back-three at one point, with Yfeko drafted in at LB. I can't recall the game, though. In any case it didn't last.)

It’s time for the manager to be bold I’d drop Goldson and Tavernier the only way to find out if other players are up to the job is by playing them not pussyfooting about be bold Mr Clement .

It is quite the conundrum.  We need to make changes but it is not obvious who would make a difference.  If the manager made changes to key players he would be taking a massive risk under these circumstances.  I can't see it happening at this stage.

12 minutes ago, compo said:

It’s time for the manager to be bold I’d drop Goldson and Tavernier the only way to find out if other players are up to the job is by playing them not pussyfooting about be bold Mr Clement .

Who plays instead of them? Balogun is ill, Davies is largely unreliable and well out of favour, King struggled previously and Sterling might have to be used either at left back or in midfield...

21 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Having a quality player that barely contributes because their body is not up to being a professional athlete is sad.

There is no fortune involved.

Sorry, but that argument falls flat on its face if one checks e.g. Ridvan's stats ... aside from what I said elsewhere: getting a dead leg is somewhat different to having your ankle broken, ligaments torn, or hamstring strain (which alone can have various implications and levels of seriousness). 

It is Dundee, away or not, we should stop being conservative, not least if players chosen do not contribute to the team (like Dowell and Lundstram) in a way you would expect. We're stuck with  Goldson and Souttar for tonight, Tavernier is seemingly undroppable, and the left flank will be Borna's again - as we will have a 4-man defence.

I'd send Sterling out as DM (and nothing else, unless opportunity arrives. Raskin in front of him, so we have some creative player in a deeper role. One who is forward thinking, and willing to have a shot. Cantwell, Silva and Sima behind Dessers, to complete the typical 4-2-3-1.

I'd rather test a more attack-minded line up, with a sort of three-man main defence. Sterling playing the cleaner in front of the centre-halfs, covering either side if necessary. Wright instead of Borna, as a left midfielder with the job to track back (which he does anyway), Tavernier (for lack of options and his status) doing the same on the right. Raskin and Cantwell the creative department (with order to track back if need be), Silva, Dessers and Sima as a front three.

Butland

Goldson - Souttar

Sterling

Tavernier - Raskin - Cantwell - Wright

Sima - Dessers - Silva