[FT] Ross County 3 - 2 Rangers (Baldwin o.g. 15; Tavernier 89pen)

It’s now we wait to see if the manager can steady the buffs get them winning games and go to Parkhead and get the result a hard ask but not impossible a bit of jiggery pokery with his team tell his charges a few home truths drop the undroppable and show them he’s the boss.

The first five minutes of the second half?

It has been a lethargic, disjointed first half where we have been the beneficiaries of good fortune, mainly the own goal that puts us one up. We have created another three opportunities to stretch further ahead but spurn them. 

The second half begins with our kick off and, several seconds later Borna puts a raking diagonal straight out of play. During the next two minutes, we play a couple of balls on the edge of the County box, lose possession and on both occasions, County pick out a pass to central, forward player. He has time for a controlling touch, turns and, gets his head up to release a pass to breaking wide teammates.

Three minutes later, the previous two instances are repeated and on these occasions, County put the ball in the back of our pokey twice.

Those first five minutes of the second period epitomised our performance today. Ross County played with a discipline, structure and, an energy. Well done County on your first ever victory over Rangers, fully deserved.

4 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I cannot see that happening Compo

It could happen, but what options are available? 

Sterling for Tav is the most obvious but many think Sterling is better deployed in midfield. So if not Sterling, who plays right back?

The options to replace Goldson (and Souttar) are Balogun, Davies or King. Neither of those 3 have shown anything to suggest they'd improve our defence.

At left back, Borna has checked out, Yilmaz appears to still be injured (again), so that leaves Yfeko.

Lundstrum has carried our midfield for the majority of the season but is struggling at the moment. It appears that Clement doesn't rate Raskin. Jack is permanently injured, Diomande is currently injured and Sterling is filling in for the entire back four 😀

Whilst we have a huge squad on paper, it's stretched due to injuries and loss of form.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

So the manager is to blame as he didn't bring in the correct loan players? 

Blame is not what I’m looking at, I’m saying we needed someone who would score goals. We brought in Silva. Celtic brought in Norwich’s 3rd choice striker. Who has had the biggest impact? I think it’s clear.

But it’s not about blame, we had a need, if we couldn’t fill it then fine. If certain ppl at the club didn’t think we had that need then that is a problem.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Blame is not what I’m looking at, I’m saying we needed someone who would score goals. We brought in Silva. Celtic brought in Norwich’s 3rd choice striker. Who has had the biggest impact? I think it’s clear.

But it’s not about blame, we had a need, if we couldn’t fill it then fine. If certain ppl at the club didn’t think we had that need then that is a problem.

Silva was brought in to score goals, and was a player our management / footballing team knew and assumed trusted. It hasn't worked out, mainly due to Clement playing Silva wide more often than not. 

Sima and Dessers have decent numbers for the season, Sima's injury derailed his season and same.can be said for Danilo. 

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That’s why koppen and his team have been recruited at great expense, time for them to earn their wages.

Won't make any difference in the title run in. 

Their biggest challange is to move players on.

People hoping we can replace Tav and Goldson are hoping it can be done during the Summer transfer window.  

Clement can only work with what he's got for the time being.

The last couple of fixtures have shown the same old faults and that's why a lot of us are a bit frustrated - these are not new things for several first team players.  

1 hour ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I would not want to keep any of the players we have on loan at the moment, and hope that shocking display by Lundstram puts a new contract for him in the bin. Our biggest issue for the monent has to be defence. I really feel sorry for the lad King who sits on the bench watching Goldson and Souttar who both suck.

FFS are you serious? King is garbage