Summer 2024: Rip it up and start again?

And if we rip it up and start again were is all the money going to come from for new staff you won’t get much for the current bunch maybe four million for the goalie but the rest are pound shop quality 

6 minutes ago, compo said:

And if we rip it up and start again were is all the money going to come from for new staff you won’t get much for the current bunch maybe four million for the goalie but the rest are pound shop quality 

Up to the club to move guys on and recoup some cash to be used.

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Kevin Nisbet was at Ibrox on Tuesday evening. Certainly wasn't there as a fan...........

I'd have taken him when he was at Hibs. He's had injuries at Millwall, so he sounds like a perfect signing for us now.

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Worrying how little some of these

guys have played. Didn’t think Sima had missed so much time either.

To be fair Balagun was signed as cover, he's done his job. I'd argue Sterling was also signed as cover and has played more than might have been expected. Butland and Dessers have both contributed and whatever misgivings I have about big Cyriel he's turned up, stayed fit and never hid, so fair play to him. Sima left at the end of December for AFCON and has been injured since, barring a short cameo. So his % isn't a surprise.

I think Danilo joined us injured, eventually played, looked ok, then got injured, came back and got injured again. His % is no surprise either. Time will tell if he's a good signing or not. 
Lammers didn't work out, leaving in January was best all round, club did well to move him on quickly. He's done ok in Holland it seems, so hopefully someone wants to buy him. 

Really only Cifuentes and Dowell have been poor signings. Cifuentes was a bewildering signing at the time. We'll be lucky to give him away. Dowell is a decent player on the 38 minutes a season he's fit. He's averaged 19 appearances a season in his career, why anyone thought signing him for a club who play upwards of 50 competitive matches a season was a good idea is anyone's guess. 

Kevin Nisbet ... only 27? Has a contract running at Millwall till 2026, yet hasn't been in their squad for ages (well, early March). His injury record is exceptional, in the most positive way. He knows the Scottish game, where he played his best football. I have no idea how he shapes up these days, but we badly need additions in this department. Hearts will want silly money for Shankland, and we cannot start looking for talent only, people that need half a season to get going. The last bit is a more general remark. 

Just noted that Mr. Gogic of St. Mirren, who played really well as a CH against us, despite being a DM, decided to extend his contract to 2027 last week, so he ain't a freebie any longer.

Saw The Rangers Journal do a vid on some freebies, the one I was really interested by was Koita for Salzburg.

34 in 75 for them in the league, 24 years old and has European experience. Mali International too. Decent injury record outwith the first half of this season.

Plus he's a Salzburg graduate. What's not to like?

Down sides for me are that he's not scored in 15 in Europe and he's 5'8.

On a bosman though I'd happily take him.

👇 here's the vid anyways.