St Mirren v Rangers CANCELLED

f**k c**t bas***d .... just back...... got as far at coatbridge then had to turn round and go home....

Don't know what's worse, finding out the game's been cancelled or being in Coatbridge.

Don't know what's worse, finding out the game's been cancelled or being in Coatbridge.

Definately being in Coatbridge!! Itmakes a bit of a mockery of the piss about seating capacity and expensive undersoil heating being criteria to join the SPL when clubs obviously don't have the ability to cover some grass to stop it getting wet!

That is a nightmare for Del, not just for the pain in the ass but the expense aswell, petrol isnt cheap! And Im sure there were plenty of fans who even travelled further from England, NI or northern Scotland. Plenty of fans will have paid for there bus, train or petrol and will have to do it all again.

If there is any risk of a game being called off it HAS to be earlier. SPL Stadia should be equipped to handle this, if not then scrap football in the winter.

I think the season should be stopped in winter. It would make a shite Xmas period when football is great but this sort of thing cant happen in this day in age when we have boring long hot summer nights in July with no football.

That is a nightmare for Del, not just for the pain in the ass but the expense aswell, petrol isnt cheap! And Im sure there were plenty of fans who even travelled further from England, NI or northern Scotland. Plenty of fans will have paid for there bus, train or petrol and will have to do it all again.

If there is any risk of a game being called off it HAS to be earlier. SPL Stadia should be equipped to handle this, if not then scrap football in the winter.

I think the season should be stopped in winter. It would make a shite Xmas period when football is great but this sort of thing cant happen in this day in age when we have boring long hot summer nights in July with no football.

Gribz it is Scotland. It can rain for day's in July. I like watching football in the long boring winter months when it is too cold to do other things. Admittedly i am an armchair fan now but even if i was going to games i prefer the winter option. June and July are for doing other things.

Gribz it is Scotland. It can rain for day's in July. I like watching football in the long boring winter months when it is too cold to do other things. Admittedly i am an armchair fan now but even if i was going to games i prefer the winter option. June and July are for doing other things.

It can rain in July but far from what it would in the winter and the odds against games being called off would be far reduced.

Scandinavian and Eastern European countries manage to play there games in the summer with a similar weather program like Scotland yet those 2 countries have had relativley success with there national teams in the past.

You just have to look at the state of the Ibrox turf the other day and in past seasons to see that games shouldnt be played in winter. It looked like there was a rugby tournament on before them.

It can rain in July but far from what it would in the winter and the odds against games being called off would be far reduced.

Scandinavian and Eastern European countries manage to play there games in the summer with a similar weather program like Scotland yet those 2 countries have had relativley success with there national teams in the past.

You just have to look at the state of the Ibrox turf the other day and in past seasons to see that games shouldnt be played in winter. It looked like there was a rugby tournament on before them.

It is not only rain that is the problem with Ibrox. The high stands stop the grass getting enough light. Ajax have the same problem.The best answer to that would be to transfer the pitch outside the stadium as is planned for the new stadium if it happens. Vittese learned from the mistake of Ajax and made it removable and have a perfect surface.

I think a winter shutdown and playing into the summer would improve the standard of football in the league, attract more players from abroad, reduce injuries and increase attendances. It can rain in June but it is still likelier to be better conditions than January.

With the choice between the two months it's a no brainer.