[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 40')

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

- First 5-10mins we'll do fine and Dessers will shoot wildly from a good position.

- Celtic will score around the 15th minute after we fall asleep from a throw-in on our right-hand side.

- Celtic will score a quick second goal from a corner kick after Cantwell and/or Lawrence don't track their initial man and Souttar heads wide under no pressure from the resultant cross to concede the corner.

- We'll finish the half strongly but take the wrong passing option on the counter attack with a 3 on 2.

- Second half will see Celtic sit back and Lundstram stroll around the midfield with no forward pass on.

- Sterling and/or Ridvan go off injured around the hour mark.

- Celtic score a third against the run of play with a deflected Hatate strike.

- Tav scores a penalty awarded by VAR.

- Matondo misses a great chance when put through on goal.

- We hit the bar in injury time.

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Remarkably specific there, @Frankie, although there's nothing you say that's remotely surprising, which sums up how frustratingly predictable this fixture has become.

I've been psychologically beaten into a mindset where, even if things seem to be going well at any point during the game on Saturday, I'll assume it's all just the build up to a crueller, more crushing disappointment further down the line.

22 minutes ago, Thinker said:

I've been psychologically beaten into a mindset where, even if things seem to be going well at any point during the game on Saturday, I'll assume it's all just the build up to a crueller, more crushing disappointment further down the line.

That's a terrible philosophy to get you through life not just football, you know!

I am keeping hope alive but inwardly know it was over at RC.  I am getting a wee bit annoyed by all the negative stuff from the fans.  I am more in the camp of "if only we didn't have all those injuries"  because in my heart I believe we would have won it #schizophrenialoyal

1 hour ago, Thinker said:

Spoken as a true Prebyterian.