Our fifth choice striker ....

It's plainly obvious that Watty just doesn't rate him.

Also, with WS seemingly in the market for another striker, it's safe to say that Boydy hasn't got a future as a RANGERS player.

Who's gonna buy him? There doesn't seem to be any interest in him at the moment.

Personally, i think if a club came in with even a half decent offer for him, let's say 1.5 - 2 million. I think RANGERS would accept it. It's clear he's not wanted and they will look to off-load him and move on.

Also persistant rumours that Boyd has been a naughty boy hence his fall from grace.

Personally, I wouldn't say he was our 5th best striker but he simply can't play in the system adopted by WS at the moment. Cousin andf JCD are the only strikers we have that can play the lone front man with any success.

If we were to change to 4-4-2 then Boyd MIGHT get more opportunites.

Cammmy F

The system just doesn't suit him, so he's going to have to be patient.

FWIW I don't think the system suits any of our players at the moment apart from away in Europe, so I'd much rather we went back to a 4-4-2 anyway, but that's another thing not likely to happen any time soon.

The system just doesn't suit him, so he's going to have to be patient.

FWIW I don't think the system suits any of our players at the moment apart from away in Europe, so I'd much rather we went back to a 4-4-2 anyway, but that's another thing not likely to happen any time soon.

Completely agree - however, WS will not deviate from the system and it's hard to argue with it. It has gotten us to a domestic cup semi-final, saw us perform well in a very tough CL group and we are 4 points ahead in the SPL.

When we have our strongest 11 on the pitch, it is an ideal formation to play and before we suffered injurues ans suspensions, the formation and first cjoice 11 looked very solid and very promising -

AMc

Hutton

Weir

CC

Papac (New left back)

Run DMB

Thommo

Fergie

Hendami

McCulloch

JCD

Admittedly, without Run DMB and McCulloch to support the lone front-man it isn't as effective. However, McCulloch is now fit and free of suspension and IMO Novo would be ideally suited for the Run DMB role.

Unfortunately and IMO even his staunchest supporters would admit that Boyd doesn't have what it takes to fit into that system.

Cammy F

I agree.

I just think someone that will get you 30+ goals a season in the correct formation, should have that formation.

I could be wrong, but don't most people think that playing 4-5-1 in the SPL is a waste. We win yes, but playing 4-4-2 including Boyd, I think we'd still win, but win handsomely.

I could be entirely wrong here, I dont know. But surely the management can have the team play in both formations depending on the situation

As I say, its just my opinion and I could be wrong.

I agree Jon ... we all know what he can contribute, but we seem reluctant to accommodate it. Mind you, without his goals we are very much better off than we were this time last year, league position wise!!!!

Cammy, i don't see the attraction in McCulluch or DMB to be honest, i'd stick with Naisy and Burke!