Our fifth choice striker ....

Also persistant rumours that Boyd has been a naughty boy hence his fall from grace.

Personally, I wouldn't say he was our 5th best striker but he simply can't play in the system adopted by WS at the moment. Cousin andf JCD are the only strikers we have that can play the lone front man with any success.

If we were to change to 4-4-2 then Boyd MIGHT get more opportunites.

Cammmy F

hes no worse than cousin in that role. smith made a comment the other day defending cousins lack of involvement in certain games and justified his involvement by stating hes always good for a goal. the very same can be said about boyd. there is obviously something going on behind the scenes where boyd is concerned and it should be sorted out immediately. either play him or get rid. if smith doesnt sort it out it will come back and bite him on the arse big time. we got lucky yesterday but it wont always be the case and questions will be asked the next time if we dont get that last minute goal when boyd is on the bench.

hes no worse than cousin in that role. smith made a comment the other day defending cousins lack of involvement in certain games and justified his involvement by stating hes always good for a goal. the very same can be said about boyd. there is obviously something going on behind the scenes where boyd is concerned and it should be sorted out immediately. either play him or get rid. if smith doesnt sort it out it will come back and bite him on the arse big time. we got lucky yesterday but it wont always be the case and questions will be asked the next time if we dont get that last minute goal when boyd is on the bench.

Aye the first thing that jumped out at me when I saw that comment was Walter was contradicting himself with the way he discusses Boyd's situation then says almost the polar opposite re; Cousin.

If, as it seems in recent weeks, Cousin is only int the team because he scores then he should be dropped immediately and Boyd reinstated as he only score goals, but at a better rate than Cousin.

Neither play the lone role well.

The difference is Cousin can control a ball and hold it up. Boyd needs about 15 yards of space to get the ball under control, which normally means the ball comes back just as quick as it was played up field.

Cammy, i don't see the attraction in McCulluch or DMB to be honest, i'd stick with Naisy and Burke!

Agreed, I think we have looked much more dangerous with Burke and Naismith supporting the lone striker, we just also need midfielders breaking into the box.

Interesting to read some views on McCulloch. He got himself off to such a good start aswell!! But he has went off the boil a little.

Id still keep him in my plans though, he has a bit more of an end product than Burke. I think Naismith could come good but Burke has proved for years he has lacked a final pass or cross.

Beasley was just beginning to come onto a game aswell when he got injured, but agreed, he would be my first pick for LW when fit.

Im another who wants to see 4-4-2 but I still dont think we hav the midfield for it. We have the players but still no creation.

Is there a shout for having a try with my old favourtie 3-5-2 with the current crop??

The difference is Cousin can control a ball and hold it up. Boyd needs about 15 yards of space to get the ball under control, which normally means the ball comes back just as quick as it was played up field.

I used to agree with this, but recent games have shown that Cousin can also have a pretty poor first touch. I'm not sure if its just when he loses concentration or something, but at times he's looked just as bad as Boyd when it comes to first touch.

I used to agree with this, but recent games have shown that Cousin can also have a pretty poor first touch. I'm not sure if its just when he loses concentration or something, but at times he's looked just as bad as Boyd when it comes to first touch.

have to agree with this, first touch is not great and he's even worse sometimes for keeping the ball too long IMO...:D

Agreed, i dont think Cousin's touch is any better than Boyd's, just Cousin does more work than Boyd and creates a few more chances.

... appears to be Kris Boyd at the mo, if you go with the team yesterday

Quite a fall from grace, isn't it?

Afraid that's what happens when you start to believe your own publicity and don't behave like a professional athlete.

I've seen many like him since the early 60's.

Kilmarnock or suchlike awaits oor Kris.