Guest gersfan1985

i think its really hard to get gd players in on jan but am sure we get some gd players in the summer we still got that hutton money to spend plus we get that money couisn goes davies will be a gd player

i think its really hard to get gd players in on jan but am sure we get some gd players in the summer we still got that hutton money to spend plus we get that money couisn goes davies will be a gd player

we won't get all that money to spend m8, don't be silly.....

What i fear most about Huttons move is his mind state that he may not want to be there and wish he was still at Ibrox. Then he ends up not playing well and the Spurs fans get on his back and think he is a flop.

I hope he adjusts to life down there straight away and shows them how good he is.

Its never easy moving away, i went to London when i was 10 but soon loved it, then came to Singapore alone at 26, but you have just got to get on with it and move on.

Saying that if he gets homesick and wants a move back id be more than happy if he pulls on the jersey again. He is by a mile the best talent we have produced.

no wont get all o it but we get enough o it the spend on players

ok just you believe that m8.

we will/should already have a budget for the summer and it won't inlcude much of this money IMO.........if i'm wrong then silly me.........

Waited to read this til I had a bit of time.

Great article again Frankie. :thup:

Agree with it all pretty much.

I'm relatively happy looking back on it tbh. Realistically we were never going to keep Hutton, Bain and Murray wanted the money too much.

Hutton's transfer obviously weakened the squad. The Dailly and Alexander transfers cancel out the loss of Carrol and Ehiogu pretty much and Davis coming in strengthens midfield with KT absent.

So the only concern is if Whittaker can get anywhere near Hutton's standards. If so we're are almost as strong as before the window.

Celtic have added numbers. But then they needed to regardless of outgoing transfers. Recent form of the defence aside, we have looked pretty capable in all areas of the field and would only have to cover outgoing players, with a decent quality and size to the squad. Any opportunity to bring in a top quality signing should have been taken, but that proves difficult in January.

By contrast, Celtic are playing catch up. They have a dodgy defence, centre backs and both full backs. There midfield lacks balance and consistency. "Big names" who don't really perform; Brown, Donati and Nakamura. McGeady is being hailed for player of the year, although his consistency does not justify this. And teh only attacker they can rely on is McDonald.

There need was greater than ours and reflected their greater activity. Hutchison and Mizuno, however are "ones for the future". They will have little to no impact on the title destination. Samaras has ability but has not demonstrated that at Man City, with games at a premium. He may prove a useful signing or a waste of wages. A gamble, but only time will tell.

Robson is avery good SPL player. But sometimes when high profile players at a small club move to the OF they struggle and drop into obscurity. Look at Riordan, and even Brown who has yet to justify the furore of hsi transfer. I expect he will improve the squad, but in himself will not be the deciding factor in the title race.

Hinkel has international pedigree, but struggled for regular games in La Liga. He is liekly to improve the shambles in defence, but I have not seen enough of the player to give an informed opinion.

So of their signings only Robson, Hinkel and Samara will be pushing for a regular start. Samaras will not greatly improve the starting XI imo and will probably have to settle for deputising for JvoH or McDonald. Robson may struggle for games ahead of Donati, McGeady, Brown, Hartley and Nakamura.

They have not made any "blue chip" signings who immediately scream quality and will drastically improve the first team. The have also offloaded Jarosik and Zurawski for cut-price fees.

We have weakened a little. But Whittaker's ability to make right back his own may lessen this impact. Celtic have strengthened the squad a little but not greatly strengthened the first XI. With us 4 points ahead and with Walter having teh indian sign over Strachan's Celtic I still make it advantage Rangers.

On a final note, in another Hutton thread I was worried we would make Eck style panic buys when we finally pushed through the Hutton deal. It was a large fee and temptation to reinvest must have been high. I am glad that as the right quality of player was not available, we did not sign high profile duds to drain the club of wages without providing anything in a meaningful playing sense. With Rangers in the driving seat, if the talent is not available, save any money ear-marked for transfer fees for the summer transfer window.