Rangers are set to make a �£4m move for Burnley striker Kyle Lafferty, and beat Celtic to his signature. (Daily Mirror)

Someone want to confirm that this is utter gash!!!

No way we should be paying that sort of money for him.

I've not seen enough of the lad to comment but the general consensus of those who have is that he's certainly not worth the cash.

In our current financial state it's vital we use any monies correctly and the homework is done with regard to any signings - especially the more expensive ones.

IF and big if, we were to spend that cash on a player again, then it has to go on someone who will make a great difference to the team with a good track record and can give us that bit extra.

Benni McCarthy 2 million and Kyle Lafferty 4 million :confused:

Maybe I've fallen for the lack of ambition but it seems to me that the likes of Cousin, Darcheville and Naismith should still be our kind of targets. We paid 3M for the three of them then sold one for 3M meaning the other two were effectively free.

That's the kind of thing we should be doing all the time.

Even Celtic's main striker and goal threat cost peanuts, and we could have had him first...

I don't think England is good value for players and the only good thing about shopping there is if it doesn't work out you might be able to send him back and still get most of your money back.

We also need to make a proper assessment of Lennon, as we seem to have made a mistake with McCormack which was predicted by many when we let him go. Murray Park is definitely starting to bear fruit.

"Lanky streak of piss" was how many described him when he was linked with us a couple of weeks ago.

If we're going to sign players like that, I wouldn't bother. We'd be better of spending half the money on someone from the SPL and saving most of our budget to add 1 or 2 special players who can change a game. But that would be down to us having a decent scouting system in place obviously....