Rangers v Panathinaikos

Wee Nacho should have buried the three chances he got. They could be the difference of winning and losing. If you take the McCulloch header then that is four gilt edged chances. If you get offered that in Europe then you have to score at least 5o% of them.

I've sat by and watched you lot critisize Smith's tactics for a while now, keeping my faith.

But that tonight shot it to hell. I'll be saying everything you lot have already said here, but still.

We're at home in a European tie against a fairly average side. Why the FUCK are we playing one up front? I suppose if we play one up front at home to Gretna I shouldn't expect us to do any better against a European side..

I know he's not the most popular guy for his desire to leave and whatnot, but if there's a choice between McCulloch and Cousin for the lone striker role, how the hell Cousin didn't get the nod is beyond me. McCulloch's brilliant for winning knock-ons, but when he's up top alone, he's knocking the ball into empty spaces.

The Kris Boyd debacle is beyond me. The lad is a goalscorer. Out and out. I don't mean to speculate, but unless there's a rift of some kind between him and Smith, he should be absolutely fuming that he didn't get on tonight, or possibly even start. Like someone said above, give the chances Novo had to Boyd and he'd of had a hat-trick tonight and we'd be cruising into the next round.

As for Novo.. the wee man tries hard and gives you his all, but his finishing is dreadful.

I could badger on forever but I'm too pissed off. Granted, we didn't concede an away goal, but still.. opportunity missed.

We could go on all night about the bad points... probably because there are so many but I think we should try to draw positives like the performances of Davis and Broadfoot I thought the boys done well when you consider Davis was on his debut and broadfoot has been out in the cold!

I've sat by and watched you lot critisize Smith's tactics for a while now, keeping my faith.

But that tonight shot it to hell.

i'm like you, i have been very ill-disposed to criticising smith, but i think his conservatism in setting out a side breeds poor confidence, even if it does stem from his over optimism in his last period.

i can understand why, largely, he does what he does, but tonight it seemed very clear to me that this side were there for the taking and were sufficiently poor not to need 4 midfielders who rarely got the ball.

Half the ground are shouting for Kris Boyd to come on and he puts a player who doesnt even want to play for us on in his place??? Think that might be the most blatant indication yet that Smith just doesnt rate him. I've held back on commenting about Walter so far but i have to say now - he is getting it wrong week after week. Teams should be coming to Ibrox and worrying about what formation WE play - not trying to match the away side. It surely must be dis-heartening for the players when their manager doesnt think they are good enough to go out and attack teams at home???

0-0 simply isnt good enough and the only person to blame is the manager.