I dont know if he said anything to him or not, but ZZ should have the experience on his shoulders to know how to handle himself, especially since it was the final AND his last ever game.

I was favouring Italy over France but i still wanted ZZ to go out on a high performance wise, a real shame.

That's probably the most colourful game of the tournament, for good reasons and bad.

First of all Materazzi gives away a dodgy penalty which Zidane is excruciatingly lucky to score, then Materazzi scores with a bullet header. Cue chances for both teams and end to end football, before possibly the most absurd moment I've ever seen on a football pitch. Even seeing the replay wasn't believing - it was absolutely astounding. Obviously the right decision was reached but of course the French fans weren't to know what their icon had done and roundly booed the Italians. It was probably the most memorable moment of any football game in the last decade, for all the wrong reasons. A great football icon, in his last ever match, has the chance to win the world cup and instead bows out in absolute disgrace. It doesn't really matter what Materazzi said to him, what he did was assault and in *that* of all games...well it's inexcusable.

Italy looked absolutely shattered in ET and ended up at walking pace.

Anyway, off to penalties we go and both teams took them well actually, and I feel a touch of sympathy for Trezeguet for missing but at least he's won both the world cup and the European Championships. The Italians have recently won nothing.

Anyway, that game will be remembered for one incident more than the result. Which is a real shame.

i just can't get over what he done!! i have a reply on my comp now even when u watch it, it's truley incalled for whatever Materazzi said! For years i really loved watching ZZ play and i lost quite alot of respect after that.

Not as painful as a headbutt in the Solar Plexus...... and where is your proof that Matterazzi says something bang out of order - FFS He has committed GBH and he had to go, if he hadn't then it would have been a disgrace.

watch the two of them mouthing off at each other as zz jogs back to the halfway line.

obviously i DON`T know what he said, but as he finishes what he`s saying then zz turns round and all hell breaks loose.

what did you think they were saying "how`s the weather in spain zinedine"?

use your common sense ffs. it`s apparant that this is the ignition to spark the flame from zidane.:rolleyes:

incidentally, you seem to be believing i`ve said that zidane doesn`t merit the red card.

your presuming again wija!!

at no point have i said this and on the contrary his actions more than deserved a red card for this offence.

i was merely pointing out how the incident occured:yawn:

how da fuck do you know what Materrazi says ??

your taking what i said and trying to make it look rediculous again craig.

what i meant was that IF YOU EXAMINE the video replay again. matterazzi clearly squeezes zidanes nipple. the two of them exchange words and then all hell breaks loose. as in the post i`ve put above, OBVIOUSLY i don`t know what they said but it quite evidently wasn`t a compliment was it?

strange way to react if it was a compliment.

how da fuck do you know

whats with the african american slang?

been in barbados too long?;)

Nice work with the nipple tweak though..... you like watching 2 guys do that ?

what are you on tonight?

if thats what turns you on then whatever:rolleyes:

anyway, i am merely stating how the incident occured.

i`m not taking sides with zidane or matterazzi.

but i do believe they were BOTH at it but zidane HAD to go because of the severity of his reaction!

i just can't get over what he done!! i have a reply on my comp now even when u watch it, it's truley incalled for whatever Materazzi said! For years i really loved watching ZZ play and i lost quite alot of respect after that.

i agree.

after all these years admiring zidane, i cannot believe how he overreacted and in the same way, didnt help his country to a MAGNIFICENT chance of winning two world cups in 8 years!:admin: